How did you choose / get your nickname?

Re: 7, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Why 7??
7th child, DOB 7/7, age stays at 7 since '77.. actually just so that someone will ask :)

Re: [you], how did you choose / get your nickname?

been a bimmer freakie since 1960s kiddie days when dad and uncles were all owners.
owned e34/e36 and now e46 stroked 3.1lt with 6-sp gearbox.

always loved bimmers and visits germany annually to purchase parts when unavailable locally.

liked to remain low-key and unobtrusive.

however, willing to share whatever motoring experiences with all participants in this forum.

tks for the welcome and bst rgds.

I'm Mad abt BMWs particularly E30s hence the handle

Re: playbox, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Interesting to note that it is addressed to my nickname and I have missed replying. Playbox is part of my company name (I am the director). My company is an importer/exporter of video games consoles/systems and accessories and the two main items are Playstation and Xbox. I just merged the names of the two big brands. FYI, I don't do retail so please don't ask me for the price of PS2, PSP, NDS lites, XBox 360 etc.

Re: limeugene81, how did you choose / get your nickname?

ryan;136859 said:
Hey guys,

As the title goes...how did you choose or get your nickname?

Mine is just my name, so i don't really count. How about yours?

Hi Ryan,

I guess it is easy for me to remember my real name is, if you know how to space the words.. hehe.
lots of people think the number I chose is could be the first thing in their mind that is the year that I am born to this world or so.. but it is my favourite lucky number ever since I am in my childhood days..
I am not young anymore, LAO LIAO.:), but I am hoping to tell anyone that I am one of a shareholder in one of the most popular budget hotel you see everywhere. :)

Thanks for asking !

cheers!

kcirtap54 = Patrick (Reverse format) with my favourite number.

Cheers

I adopted my nick from the American Vietnam War veteran Ron Kovic, who inspired the Oliver Stone Movie "Born on the Fourth of July" and also "Platoon".

Conceived the nick at the time as I was doing a thesis at the time on The Psychological Impact of the Vietnam War on American Combat Troops as well as another thesis on The Illustration of American History through War Films Past and Present, of which I had used Ron Kovic's story and the Oliver Stone film as reference.

no real reason. was a system generated id in some other forum! original rite? hahaha

Re: TheWhiteCometOfMakati, how did you choose / get your nickname?

It started with drift superstar Takahashi Ryosuke who was otherwise known among those seasoned midnight drifters in the Gunma Prefecture as: TheWhiteCometOfAkagi.

People have told me that I have similar traits with him in addition to the color sheme of our cars. Well everything but the intense drifting skills... :(

I live in the city of Makati in the Philippines --- hence my handle: TheWhiteCometOfMakati

my name is chan wai kin....so cwk lor...

Re: Singapore Brummie, how did you choose / get your nickname?

People from London are called "Cockneys"

People from Liverpool are called "Liverpudlians"

and people from Birmingham are called "Brummies".

Re: Singapore Brummie, how did you choose / get your nickname?

gmh - initials for my name, 9908 - pin number given by bank 10 years ago - account not in use liao, but liked the pronunciation of this number in cantonese, so use it lor :)

Re: izhar81, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Whaddup ppl,
datz juz my name wit the yr i was born. plain ol' izhar born in the 80's ;)

Re: sesmic, how did you choose / get your nickname?

I was looking for a two syllabus easy to remember nickname.
I used to be a nike fanatic and my fav was a air seismic.
its sort of a word play with the word sesmic.
Has no meaning whatsoever...

Re: 45sinarow, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Hi my nick was simply reflecting my BMW relationship
Owned
1993 - 520i
1998 - 520i
2000 - 520i
2006 - 523i current ride
So I've owned four 5 series sedans consecutively.
Had good experiences with all of them , still getting used to my latest one which is less than 2 months old.
I find with new cars it takes me a while before I feel it is 'mine'.
Nevertheless it drives like a dream;-)

Re: takeshi28, how did you choose / get your nickname?

hi there, basically that's my name .hehehe..Good Day

Re: toiletsiao, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Back in my sec school days..i used to take frequent toiletbreaks in the middle of every lesson to waste time cept PE(I love PE)..hence my frens called me toiletsiao since then..been using this nick since..
________
TURKISH RECIPES

Last edited by a moderator:

mine is carried over thru several other forums...nikon n leica are some of the photographic equipment i use to take pictures..three hobbies...photography, watch collecting n cars

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmwinlove
Back