help!! which direction of grooves/tread ps2

taser

hi,
i have ps2 tyres but do not know whether the tires are mounted the right way ie direction of the grooves/tread.i know the tyres have a marking saying OUTSIDE

should all 4 tyres have the grooves pointing in the same forward direction?

do tyres come in left or right

because currently my tyre setup on the left and right..the tread are in opposite direction and i am wondering if the work shop mixed it up if so i could have serious problem on the road.

tia
mi_pilotsport_ps2_ci1_l.jpg
mi_pilot_sport_ps2_ci2_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+PS2

tires.jsp
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+PS2

Re: help!! which direction of grooves/tread ps2

isnt the one with wordings is supposed to be on the outside...? u might wanna consider other tire shop next time cos this one doesnt sound professional.... jus my humble opinion.... cheers....

Its not necessary tat all 4 tire tread facing the same direction, jus need to make sure u place the tire as the wording saids will do.

Just make sure the wordings "outside" is really on the outside. Not sure for PS2 but for some asymmetrical thread tires, there are left and right tires. Tire shops rarely get it wrong, maybe go down and get it checked?

thaks ,
yes the tires all have the outside wording on the outside.but then arent the treads supposed to face a certain direction other wise why did michellin cut them in a certain direction.surely for the grip.

my set up is right two tires same tread direction..left two tires exact reverse of tread .strange?

It's so simple.
As long as the big block of the tire shoulder is on the outside (meaning near the fender lips) then it's correct. This is very obvious for PS2 as u can see.

o0k taser....i know wot u mean..the ps2s do not hv symmetrical threads. they do not hv front backs as well. when i fitted them on i was confused. right tyre n left tyre looks completely different. if u look at the left pic of the tire u posted (left front). the outside groove curved downwards. on the right front that same groove wud be curving upwards! ya i saw it n scratched my head for a long time. even had keith and vincent in IDT scratching as wel.. eventually one of them did a research n spoke to michelin. the answer was that this is a new generation of tire...made this way for stability. its more effective.

thanks toto.so when you do a tyre rotation do you swap diagonally or simply front and back and at how many km.tia

u dun. maybe only front to back. u cant do diagonal. these r phenomenal tyres.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaner
Back