help!!! URGENT Exhaust qns,

sash5

normally a workshop will take around 1/2 day to do the job because they need to cut open your cat and muffler and remove all the unwanted stuff inside. Afterthat, normally they will refill your muffler with some sound suppressor material. Normally market price will not be more than $200.. cheers

Re: help!!! URGENT Exhaust qns,

spawn80 said:
Juz got a red 318ia prefacelifted model...wanted to operate the cat. & muffler... Any idea how LONG will it take for fong kim to do the job? Maybe price also? juz wanted the car to be little smoother but no money to go for a lta approved wans...

had a none-approved exhaust on my previous 320i (e36) without a cat converter. when you send it in for inspection, there are 2 things they check for: emission and sound. So, as long as you meet the 2 criterias, dun worry. the lta people are not experts in exhaust and know every brand. to avoid tp pulling you over, just make sure the muffler box looks like a regular type, the exhaust tips are nice and round or oval and not looking like a bazooka! instead of a cat converter, you can replace it with a reasonator box which looks like a cat. Had mine done at Fong Kim. hope this helps.

U sure u want to remove your Cat?
I had the Cat removed from my 318iS ( E36 ) a few years back and there was am immediate drop in power and torque. This was likely the result of the ECU being upset and its response to the disturbed system equilibrium. Besides maintaining optimum power, it also has the task of reducing emmisions, which was greatly affected after the Cat was removed. No choice but to put back the Cat.

yky said:
U sure u want to remove your Cat?
I had the Cat removed from my 318iS ( E36 ) a few years back and there was am immediate drop in power and torque. This was likely the result of the ECU being upset and its response to the disturbed system equilibrium. Besides maintaining optimum power, it also has the task of reducing emmisions, which was greatly affected after the Cat was removed. No choice but to put back the Cat.

Some cars are like that... need the cat to run optimally... in these instances, you can always get a racing cat.

if you want to remove your cat, remember to remove your post cat lambda sensor and go for a recode.

if not, you'll be running mucho lean at best, or simply melt down your cylinders and piang your engine at worst.

for anyone wishing to mod their cars, remember to do it with proper knowledge and dont venture into the unknown unless you have lots of spare cash and time for a new engine.

remember this, simple thing like installing guni gong wrongly can lead to brake failure. so dont take unknown steps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back