help needed!!

johnivy

guys, started my car today and realized the clock symbol with the amber word inspection, above the lights indicator for oil change, remained on. is it something wrong? can you gurus enlighten me whats wrong here? is it car need servicing or just need to reset the thing? newbie to bimmer so all help appreciated. cheers :)

Re: help needed!!

Bro, u may need to give us more info like what is your car model, what is the current mileage now vs what was the mileage when u last serviced your car?

ya, we need more info...
as i noe, i think u nd to service ur car...

John ur's e30 318i right?Ahhh thats a 2nd inspection service light(there is a list of wat to check which i cant remember but not so important if ur car is running in good order), dont worry so much, just need to reset it, if after resetting it still lights up then ur service indicator board battery might needs to be changed. Ensure that ur odometer is working properly, if not working no point resetting as it will keep coming up again. If you want to reset it on your own can also i can teach u ehhehehehehe and there are websites which we can DIY resetting it

Oppss if u havent do oil change yet, do so. That service indicator is to tell u when to change oil, since ur a newbie to bimmers.

Errr i mean ur car needs servicing, so change engine oil(use semi synthetic like shell helix plus which is cheap and can make 10000km oil drain interval, if u got plenty of money use fully synthetic engine oil but ensure the engine oil you want to use are of ACEA A3 specs),oil filter,air filter and spark plugs. If u DIY, parts are cheap in singapore, get it from ENG SOON.For M40 engine- Oil filter $8, air filter $14, spark plugs $2.50 per piece(bosch super F8LCR) or $5(BERU-X) total 4nos of plugs needed. If u sent to w'shop be prepared for xtra charges, labour will set back $20-$30 or more perhaps, parts of course wont be the same price as mentioned. Good luck in finding a reliable and unslaughterable w'shop.

hey hi. thanks for your good info. appreciate it. so can you teach me how to reset the light ourselves? that will be great. thanks in advance bro. cheers

Back