Help needed.e90 320i gearbox overheated

Re: Help needed.e90 320i gearbox overheated

I had this error before too.. I was traveling on NSHW back to sg from kl.. The sign pop up after 1.5hrs drive at 150-180km/h.. It pop up after multi time I floor the pedal & it seems like the gearbox drop gear & drag that might caused the overheating..

DayDreaming;1070057 said:
I had this error before too.. I was traveling on NSHW back to sg from kl.. The sign pop up after 1.5hrs drive at 150-180km/h.. It pop up after multi time I floor the pedal & it seems like the gearbox drop gear & drag that might caused the overheating..

That's what happened to me before.

Vansoh;1069963 said:
????? Is there?

Looks like an oversized rectangular sardine can with ribbed sides and coolant & ATF hoses attached.

Today just went to buy a radiator and the heat exchanger which is block shape (heard is for cooling the gearbox) from 1 of the stockist at kaki bukit .going to replace this sat.does any1 try ever try a workshop at kaki bukit autobay level 2 .the boss name is peter.formally partner of Euroauto at amk autopoint?

R2D;1070014 said:
When the gearbox overheats, there is a couple of reasons.

1. You may have been gunning the car with very high loads (i.e. towing a load up a steep incline) But as we are singapoor people, very slim chance of this happening..

2. There is not enough ATF or its the wrong within the system to properly lubricate the system and this increases the heat load that the cooling system must deal with. ( this also quite rare)

3. The cooling system for the car is not up to scratch. i.e. There are blockages within the system that stops the cooling function from occurring. This can be in the form of air flow or coolant flow. The mechanic must check for these problems.....

Good luck

It could be as simple as checking for leaves blocking your radiator lol

seanskye;1070012 said:
Nope. The oil coolers could fail without warning. You may know it only after it fails, when the clutch starts to slip.

Wow, gotta watch out for these but my cooling system almost all brand new.

Radiator, rubber hoses, water pump, heating unit/coil whatever that's called, all changed already lol

Zincman;1070185 said:
Today just went to buy a radiator and the heat exchanger which is block shape (heard is for cooling the gearbox) from 1 of the stockist at kaki bukit .going to replace this sat.does any1 try ever try a workshop at kaki bukit autobay level 2 .the boss name is peter.formally partner of Euroauto at amk autopoint?

Safer to stick to sponsors WS like r2d or BVO. I did most of mine at BVO previously. Can try 2277 or Q&A for cheaper labour rates though.

My radiator got slight leakage so gonna change anyway.

Zincman;1070459 said:
My radiator got slight leakage so gonna change anyway.

Better fix it fast in this hot weather, as this can escalate to more costly issues if your engine overheats.

Friday, replaced my radiator, new coolant and heat exchanger for gearbox.so far so good.yesterday was back from jb ard 2pm.very hot and jam when coming back to sg custom.no overheating of gearbox.will monitor somemore.

Is there any way or devices we can install to monitor our water temp and engine oil temp etc etc for our ride?

Zincman;1070934 said:
Is there any way or devices we can install to monitor our water temp and engine oil temp etc etc for our ride?
Depends on your car model. There are plenty of devices such as half/full air vent, gauges, such as

View attachment 59591

View attachment 59592

Or OBD-II wireless dongles + Smart Phone app. Stick this to your car and install app on smartphone

View attachment 59594

Zincman;1070934 said:

There's some coding that can be done to show water temp / engine temp on your dash. No need to install other devices

canuck78;1070944 said:
There's some coding that can be done to show water temp / engine temp on your dash. No need to install other devices

bro.where to do the coding and what is the damage?

Zincman;1070953 said:
bro.where to do the coding and what is the damage?

Can check with 2277 or Bro RBB, shouldn't be too ex since it's just activating the temp display on your dash display

So many site sponsors workshop here, maybe can advice us whether they provide this service and the charges to do the coding for displaying the temp info.

canuck78;1071132 said:
Just realised codewerks is by bro RBB lol

You even more blur than me, but then Rod didn't know either till I spoke to him 2nite.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back