Help! E60 Rims can fix into E46?

Jewell_sg

Hi..

Any1 know? 5 series E60 original runflat tyres n rims can Fix into E46 318?
Thanks.

Re: Help! E60 Rims can fix into E46?

Hi Jewell...someone did post on website asking the same question and Terry (nick) I believed replied.

jewell sg.... as long as all 4 rims are of the same size...it will fit :)

btw.... i heard frm mike u looking for some mod parts? let me know... i will source it for u used or brand new

Terry;188331 said:

btw.... i heard frm mike u looking for some mod parts? let me know... i will source it for u used or brand new
Thanks Terry! Yes i want to mod my car exhaust. But i want to buy 2nd hand. Pls let me know u got 2nd hand. I lost my ph so lost yr number too. Can u PM me yr number again?

Terry;188331 said:

Hi Terry, I'm the one that wants to buy Jewell's rims & tyres. Problem is my E46 is having a 16" rims with tyres 225/50 R16, but Jewell's rims are from her E90 with tyres 225/55 R16. I've done a calculation, and the overall diameter will be increased from 631mm to 654mm, which is an increase of about 3.6%. I've checked on some websites and was told that it's not adviseable to do so, as the speedo will be out also. Any comments on this?

715;188668 said:
Hi Terry, I'm the one that wants to buy Jewell's rims & tyres. Problem is my E46 is having a 16" rims with tyres 225/50 R16, but Jewell's rims are from her E90 with tyres 225/55 R16. I've done a calculation, and the overall diameter will be increased from 631mm to 654mm, which is an increase of about 3.6%. I've checked on some websites and was told that it's not adviseable to do so, as the speedo will be out also. Any comments on this?

u mean from her E60...? personally imho the profile of the tires wont affect much on the speedo... it will be the least thing u should be concerned about when changing rim... u should be more concerned on the ride harshness of the runflats...as well as the rubbing from the new tires which most probably will not happen...

anyway..ur speedo is never accurate... its always overestimates itself by about 10% ... dont worry about speedometer inaccuracy... when u changed enough rims and tires u will realise that profile thickness dont affect much

btw...just a suggestion..who dont u change to a bigger rim?

All 5 series rims CAN NOT be fitted onto regular E46 models.

TripleM;189041 said:
All 5 series rims CAN NOT be fitted onto regular E46 models.

jack...i thought the front of the 5 series can fit the E46 all round?

not the staggered one... if its 16x8 all round.... i suppose it will fit right?

anyway... morning! u r early ...hahaha

Terry;189044 said:
not the staggered one... if its 16x8 all round.... i suppose it will fit right?

even if this is the case, if I am not mistaken, it will not fit.

E60 has low positive offset range, whereas E46 has high positive offset range. You would need some more than 20mm spacers (very thick) to push the wheels outwards to bring E46 offset down to E60 offsets. Not to mention some serious fender work too.....

ninja07;189046 said:
even if this is the case, if I am not mistaken, it will not fit.

E60 has low positive offset range, whereas E46 has high positive offset range. You would need some more than 20mm spacers (very thick) to push the wheels outwards to bring E46 offset down to E60 offsets. Not to mention some serious fender work too.....
wow.. seems like its very complicated. Better don't try.....

ok...my bad...i guess it wont fit.. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back