Hello! New to the forum and hoping for some advice...

Re: Hello! New to the forum and hoping for some advice...

SLKtigress;1083341 said:
... Whatever happened to the good old adage: The customer is always right?

.....Good thing is, all these experiences help hone my negotiation skills.. :cool:

last time policemen wear shorts...

View attachment 61107

SLKtigress;1083341 said:
I personally feel that Merc like to chop carrot.. don't be too nice i.e. civilised :p
sometimes got to stand ur ground n be firm. Good thing is, all these experiences help hone my negotiation skills.. :cool:

You are absolutely right. We followed Merc forum advice and had the air con fixed at an outside garage. Cost me only $200 to fix. Apparently only a small valve issue. Merc had recommended replacing the entire air con system!

.....next time must get you to negotiate on my behalf....:)

I hv 3 snr chief techs from all these top conti brands in my shop. I give u all some insights.

- u bring ur own oil down..they will take it in...n give u their contractual oils...bring ur mobil 1 home to do their own car...u wun even know it.

- u bring ur car in for 30k,60k 100k check ups....10 pts 30 pts 50 pts whatever.....they just tick tick tick n then send car for car wash if u rush them....

- the agent makes 60% of their profits from new cars...40% from used. what do u think goes on. they do 1 car a day or 1000 cars a day...same pay. BUT service advisors in every brand have quotas. the more they ask the customer to change the more incentive. for eg. a SA gets paid 0.5 % if they hit 80k sales...

my point....its better to go to your trusted workshops than agents sometimes....its NOT better with the agent. ALso, if you decide to go agent....DO NOT RUSH THEM.

Got one popular outside workshop the mech sell used stuff as new. Kenna caught, then he go open another workshop

champion

its a tough business. its even tougher to set high standards consistently with good policing. very tempting to n easy to go cheap and max out profits....but in every case the downturn comes real fast, once a workshop seeks shortcuts.

Too big a workshop u will also see downturn coz every customer may just be a statistic and not a person....

MW;1083465 said:
Too big a workshop u will also see downturn coz every customer may just be a statistic and not a person....

its a biz. and all biz wants to b big. end of the day for me, its always been hving the right staff. in any sales job. u hv the right staff...u treat them well, they will do a good job. then company can grow.

anyway digressing....back to topic. merc or bmw....no difference....both dun hv mechatronic issues. dun touch the audi. every week I see 3 engine n gb drop.

Thanks, totoseow. In any case, I think I have decided on the bm. I do like the drive better so...

Thanks everyone for your views and for helping me make up my mind! :)

Back