Hello! New to the forum and hoping for some advice...

Re: Hello! New to the forum and hoping for some advice...

;);););)Haha! Thanks! I'm surprised there weren't more replies like this one considering that I am in the BMW forum... ;)

im not very sure leh, the only mercs i got to drive were my parents' mercs, the old e230 and the old s300. they were not entertaining to drive, my dad's s-class had gearbox problems from 70k km to 110k when he sold it, each trip to c&c would cost between 3k and 5k. my mom's e class is dying from various problems now too, eg gearbox, lights, mirrors. so far my bm doesnt have any problems, just the occasional dents here and there, and perhaps the insatiable lust for power.

I got the bm in October last year, so about 7 months? No problems so far. Oh but the contact less opening of the boot is ridiculously hard to activate, dunno if my car hates me or what.

That's a pity! I thought its an awesome thing to have. Unfortunately it's not an option that's available for the cabrio. :(

Subaru best.

Kenntona say one

bmw FC very high. ride also uneven..suspension unbalance on left and right side. pml also sibei ganbu. my vote goes to rolls Royce with their airmatic suspension

totoseow;1083184 said:
bmw FC very high. ride also uneven..suspension unbalance on left and right side. pml also sibei ganbu. my vote goes to rolls Royce with their airmatic suspension
Who is the current owner of Rolls Royce Motor?

linrikin;1082508 said:
I've heard so much about the reliability of Mercedes and in contrast, heard that while BMW is good at innovation, the engines themselves and the cars tend to have more problems.

Hi linrikin,
I don't think Mercs are any more reliable than BMWs nowadays. I have driven an E200 and 525i. Reliability about the same. Only difference is that Merc charges way more to repair any faults. For instance, windscreen washer fluid leaking in both cars. Merc charged >$800 to fix, BMW charged about $200 to fix. Many other items the same story, C&C charges way more than PML to fix similar issues.

My dad currently has an S class, it has had electrical and brake gremlins, so far fixed under warranty.

On the other hand I am currently driving a 640i coupe, absolutely no problems so far......

The S class has a sublime ride, extremely comfortable, then you hop out and climb into the 6 series and the moment you drive it, you are smitten.

So if you love driving, get a BMW, if you are driven to work, get a Merc, if you want reliability, get a Lexus.

Cheers.

Hello! New to the forum and hoping for some advice...

Bro you didn't mention customer service at Merc AD.... so kind of you... haha.

Good one!
Cheers!

seanskye;1083261 said:

Does anyone has any experience of claiming warranty repairs / defects rectification with PML ?
What is their approach and response to customer with respect warranty claims ?
Any feedback or views ?

Welch;1083258 said:
Hi linrikin,
I don't think Mercs are any more reliable than BMWs nowadays. I have driven an E200 and 525i. Reliability about the same. Only difference is that Merc charges way more to repair any faults. For instance, windscreen washer fluid leaking in both cars. Merc charged >$800 to fix, BMW charged about $200 to fix. Many other items the same story, C&C charges way more than PML to fix similar issues.

My dad currently has an S class, it has had electrical and brake gremlins, so far fixed under warranty.

On the other hand I am currently driving a 640i coupe, absolutely no problems so far......

The S class has a sublime ride, extremely comfortable, then you hop out and climb into the 6 series and the moment you drive it, you are smitten.

So if you love driving, get a BMW, if you are driven to work, get a Merc, if you want reliability, get a Lexus.

Cheers.

seanskye;1083261 said:

Ha ha....yes, customer relations at Merc absolutely sucks. Spent $2000 repairing air con fault, when car returned, air con still faulty. When my wife returned with the car to Merc, they quoted another $6000 to fix it. When my wife ask if they are sure if that would fix the problem, they told her that if she couldn't afford it, there was nothing they could do. My wife was furious with their remark, so we left and bought ourselves a BMW 6 series. So far, the 6 series has been an absolute dream. 2 thumbs up for BMW.

Of course some will point our that my wife and I like to dress very simply, T shirt, shorts and crocs......don't think it met Merc service attendant's approval. On the other hand, PML has been very nice to us so far even if we dress simply.

Having said that, Merc treats my parents like gold. They are invited to exclusive events, car launches, dinners etc. But I suppose my mom is usually kitted out in posh brands, whereas I like Hang Tan! LOL

Sorry 2 hear abt ur experience with Merc man... Whatever happened to the good old adage: The customer is always right?

Lol. Nowadays sinkieland got a lot of closet millionaires...if SE's are gonna judge people based on their dressing, they risk losing out on a lot of potential customers like yourself lol. I ever went to Lambo showroom with a guy who dressed very lokkok. wore singlet n slippers...SE still entertained him. So he asked: Why do you still bother to entertain me even though I'm dressed like this? SE's reply: Knowing this is a Lambo showroom, if a customer has the guts to walk in with flip flops, we have the guts to entertain you.

I personally feel that Merc like to chop carrot.. don't be too nice i.e. civilised :p
sometimes got to stand ur ground n be firm. Good thing is, all these experiences help hone my negotiation skills.. :cool:

...but more importantly, did mr loklok buy the lambo?

SLKtigress;1083341 said:
Sorry 2 hear abt ur experience with Merc man... Whatever happened to the good old adage: The customer is always right?

Lol. Nowadays sinkieland got a lot of closet millionaires...if SE's are gonna judge people based on their dressing, they risk losing out on a lot of potential customers like yourself lol. I ever went to Lambo showroom with a guy who dressed very lokkok. wore singlet n slippers...SE still entertained him. So he asked: Why do you still bother to entertain me even though I'm dressed like this? SE's reply: Knowing this is a Lambo showroom, if a customer has the guts to walk in with flip flops, we have the guts to entertain you.

I personally feel that Merc like to chop carrot.. don't be too nice i.e. civilised :p
sometimes got to stand ur ground n be firm. Good thing is, all these experiences help hone my negotiation skills.. :cool:

SLKtigress;1083341 said:

Singlet and slippers in a lambo showroom? Sounds familiar!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back