Hello from Newbie

supernova

Hello to all and senior forumers,

Newbie here with 5month old F10; to share my 2cents worth and to learn from the seniors here.

Hobby is Radio Control Car (on-road/off-road), since primary school days, and had been on and off due to work and home. Hope to enjoy RC soon again with my son when he can better manage the kit from build to maintenance.

Cheers!

Re: Hello from Newbie

I am not sure if I am over sensitive here, but I noticed my 5month old 2013-F10 has been bugged by this issue as depicted below in the last couple of months (not sure if it was already there during delivery - who will measure during then), and the slant can be quite obvious visually when viewed from front. The difference between (A) and (A-) can be between 8mm to >1cm (

u referring to lop-sidedness?

This is an OLLLLLLDDDDDDDD issue since F10 was launched in 2010....

Do goggle

'since 2010' and I'm disappointed with the new 2013 facelift the issue is yet to be fixed (at least for my case), and I was not given any convincing explaination of the root cause underpinning this problem

OLLLLLLDDDDDDDD BMW issue since they decided to make RHD cars.

supernova;1080582 said:
Hello to all and senior forumers,

Newbie here with 5month old F10; to share my 2cents worth and to learn from the seniors here.

Hobby is Radio Control Car (on-road/off-road), since primary school days, and had been on and off due to work and home. Hope to enjoy RC soon again with my son when he can better manage the kit from build to maintenance.

Cheers!

Hi super,

welcome onboard.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Mockngbrd;1080626 said:
OLLLLLLDDDDDDDD BMW issue since they decided to make RHD cars.

A cup half filled or half empty; since I am consumer (my view), I am wondering if this is considered a manufacturing defect since this is a known issue/problem that is not corrected since, and I did not signed any waiver on lemon law

Can u please go claim? I wan to demand for the LCI F10 in exchange with my 2012 lopsided yaM5

Hahaha... this is quite funny...

Well... first, welcome supernova.

Its interesting to see the iDemand b4 understanding the reason behind it. I can almost imagine the consumer who buys the later bmws complaining abt the manufacturing defect of wrongly fitting it with a front wheel drive. Wheeeeeeeeee!!

Meek;1080661 said:
Hahaha... this is quite funny...

Well... first, welcome supernova.

Its interesting to see the iDemand b4 understanding the reason behind it. I can almost imagine the consumer who buys the later bmws complaining abt the manufacturing defect of wrongly fitting it with a front wheel drive. Wheeeeeeeeee!!

thanks for the warm welcome!

I read between the lines from MW in that "it looks like nothing I can do about it - it's like that one" instead of what he actually wrote in his reply about demanding an exchange; unless he really meant it which I doubt (if so he would have at least given a shot at it); so I am not sure what 'iDemand' you are referring to so that I could reflect on what I wrote.

As a matter of fact I have no intention to demand for an exchange, but more along the lines of what can be done to minimize the difference to at least to

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;1080614 said:
u referring to lop-sidedness?

This is an OLLLLLLDDDDDDDD issue since F10 was launched in 2010....

Do goggle

Did you do what the awesome guy told u?

ok - not yet - I should google then. thanks for the reminder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to share; What I got from google so far points to the design for compensating when driver gets into the car, and quoting from Mockngbrd's earlier comment on "OOOLLLDD BMW issue since they decided to make RHD cars" suggested to me that the driver side in the cabin was swapped from LHD to RHD without addressing the mechanic aspects behind the so call design to ensure the same good intend (if this is the case) get swapped along by means of now making the RH side higher to compensate the driver getting into a RHD car. If this is the case, not sure if it's considered a design flaw (hence defect) knowing what and how it should be done had not been done to RHD car. At the same time, I also wonder why other RHD car of the same make/model does not have this problem/issue which I can't find in google probably due to my limited search capabilities. I still find it hard to buy the aforementioned story (too bad for me then ...)

For this, I ever suggest to PML to swap the spring coil (left side to right side and vice versa) or calibrate the shock but was told 'nothing wrong so nothing needs to be done or can be done' .... unless it goes beyond the so call recommended 10mm diff.... Stop short of recognizing the point above.

Reference Uneven ride height??? Anybody else? - 5Series.net - Forums

supernova;1080705 said:
Just to share; What I got from google so far points to the design for compensating when driver gets into the car, and quoting from Mockngbrd's earlier comment on "OOOLLLDD BMW issue since they decided to make RHD cars" suggested to me that the driver side in the cabin was swapped from LHD to RHD without addressing the mechanic aspects behind the so call design to ensure the same good intend (if this is the case) get swapped along by means of now making the RH side higher to compensate the driver getting into a RHD car. If this is the case, not sure if it's considered a design flaw (hence defect) knowing what and how it should be done had not been done to RHD car. At the same time, I also wonder why other RHD car of the same make/model does not have this problem/issue which I can't find in google probably due to my limited search capabilities. I still find it hard to buy the aforementioned story (too bad for me then ...)

For this, I ever suggest to PML to swap the spring coil (left side to right side and vice versa) or calibrate the shock but was told 'nothing wrong so nothing needs to be done or can be done' .... unless it goes beyond the so call recommended 10mm diff.... Stop short of recognizing the point above.

Reference Uneven ride height??? Anybody else? - 5Series.net - Forums

Get some lowering springs or coilovers bro :)

More reading:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-...0i-suspension-one-side-high-one-side-low.html

while I understand your enthusiasm over your new bmw, as we all were last time, this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, much like whether our cars should pump Ron 95 or Ron 98 (I hope you aren't thinking of starting this discussion....)

and I wasn't joking when I suggested you ask for an exchange...I really wanted you to find out whether you can squeeze something out from PML so that all fellow F10s can try the same thing, this being a old issue unfixed till now.

Your immediate concern now should be to chart your FC n then we can compare with ours.

congrats and welcum............ btw u pak 98 right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmwinlove
Back