Heads Up Display

Re: Heads Up Display

silky6 said:

This product has actually been out for quite a while...totally agree that is a very cool device, however, check with them whether it can be fitted into our car and everything mention in the website still works. As I check with a few workshop liao, can fit but not all functions working....however, if you can find one that works update ya.... will be keen to get one:woottt:

it said at the end... $230 w installation.... that's REAL cheap rite in comparision to factory fitted ones as options ya?!!!

must see the actual device n quality / clarity of projection first la...

Sorry for saying this... but the webby dun look professional and the info provided is really very limited leh.... dun even have a photo to show actual installed unit.

n there is need to cut a LOBANG in the dashboard to install the HUD?

Frankly, even if it was not factory fitted, for $230, you would just wonder how much Merc& BMW make from such things. Anyone knows how much BMW would charge if someone want to do this on a 5 series? So far I ve only seen M5 with this thinggie

get the defi VSD concept better la, at least its a reputable brand and can display other info like oil temp, oil pressure, etc etc

guys. some update on this autodesign headunit thing.

i drove 20km to the autodesign shop and found out that the headunit is nothing but a mere 3 LED digit to project onto the windscreen. not even look like the one cited at the brochure.

what a disappoinment.

does anyone know any other VSD like those original ones from BMW 5 series?

lmk said:

This is one of the products I check before, but I only enquire about E90, it won't work...hmm...maybe i should say it won't work fully, won't be able to see the speed at the display, think that's what most of us want rite....If I remember correctly this thingy should be less then 1k, can't remember whether if it includes installation...

Hope this info help:)

Andrew's E60..his car has 1..can see the speed on the windscreen..well only for the driver..
u guys can ask him..his nick is M_power

Ahbengdriver said:
n there is need to cut a LOBANG in the dashboard to install the HUD?

Frankly, even if it was not factory fitted, for $230, you would just wonder how much Merc& BMW make from such things. Anyone knows how much BMW would charge if someone want to do this on a 5 series? So far I ve only seen M5 with this thinggie

oh well you are paying for the conception...R&D went into it...am sure lots of time effort good $ paid to e developers...am sure too with more tests being performed by BMW they have a better product still...

pingman said:
guys. some update on this autodesign headunit thing.

i drove 20km to the autodesign shop and found out that the headunit is nothing but a mere 3 LED digit to project onto the windscreen. not even look like the one cited at the brochure.

what a disappoinment.

does anyone know any other VSD like those original ones from BMW 5 series?

in life...what u pay is what u get. if its too good to be true it probably is.

i hope u told them off....

Hey Zoomer,

Is this thingy meant for our car....Will it work...

what's the point of displaying rpm and having a shift lamp when 95% of the people drive a steptronic and the majority of those leave it in automode?

i think the defi vsd thingy makes more sense as it can also display other parameters like oil pressure, oil temp, etc.

louis said:
what's the point of displaying rpm and having a shift lamp when 95% of the people drive a steptronic and the majority of those leave it in automode?

i think the defi vsd thingy makes more sense as it can also display other parameters like oil pressure, oil temp, etc.

hmmm...might be info overload for some while on the go?

i think the vsd allows you to toggle between the different displays so that only speed and one other sensor reading is displayed. i think.

besides, having 3 displays just for the rpm seems like info overload to me as well. i mean, does anyone really need the rpm displayed via needle gauge, digital read out plus that s2000-esque analog readout thingy?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back