Headlight Restoration/Refurbishing for Z4

olympian8

My Z4 headlights are starting to look cloudy and this makes the car look old.

I am considering replacing the headlights.

However would anyone know any workshop that can do headlight refurbishing? Please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

There are quite a few YOUTUBE postings that show it being done in the US. Not sure if anyone in singapore can do it.

Kind regards to all

OLY

Re: Headlight Restoration/Refurbishing for Z4

Z$ headlamp must crak open to get inside.

Buy depo headlamp easier ...... can add angel eye on top of that .....

olympian8;938367 said:

However would anyone know any workshop that can do headlight refurbishing? Please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

There are quite a few YOUTUBE postings that show it being done in the US. Not sure if anyone in singapore can do it.

Kind regards to all

OLY

MTL....order the depo now and receive it next may 2013.....haha
jerms one took 5 months to arrive.

RBB, Steven - i did consider the option but the waiting time is just ridiculous.

In this day and time when supply chains and logistic are at its most efficient...i can't understand why it would take 5 months.

I wished it was a one week wait.

Oly

Buy direct from Oz ..... ebay got companies selling with AE and got motor to adjust angle as well. 2 weeks.

olympian8;938382 said:
RBB, Steven - i did consider the option but the waiting time is just ridiculous.

In this day and time when supply chains and logistic are at its most efficient...i can't understand why it would take 5 months.

I wished it was a one week wait.

Oly

Hi, in a similar thread on this site for E60s, a Henry was recommended. Has any of the Z4 folks here used Henry's services? One of my headlamps also needs a cleaning on the inside....

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-series-owners/69070-blur-e60-head-light-3.html

Quote: "To all bro, his contact is 96356799 (Henry) His address is 7030 Ang Mo Kio ave 5 #07-34 (Ramp-Up) NorthStar@AMK. Best call him before going down as the last time i went over his over at car dealer place."

Z4 e85 headlights have always been a pain to clean or add AEs. Largely because that thing is sealed solid. Some people tried baking it, other have cut it then glue back - if Henry can do that - business would be good for him.

Black Spyder;938642 said:
Hi, in a similar thread on this site for E60s, a Henry was recommended. Has any of the Z4 folks here used Henry's services? One of my headlamps also needs a cleaning on the inside....

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-series-owners/69070-blur-e60-head-light-3.html

Quote: "To all bro, his contact is 96356799 (Henry) His address is 7030 Ang Mo Kio ave 5 #07-34 (Ramp-Up) NorthStar@AMK. Best call him before going down as the last time i went over his over at car dealer place."

Can we simply replace the housing for the E89 headlights? If so, may I know where to buy from and how much?

Bro I just bought one set of spyder headlamps with angeleyes online..arriving tomorrow took only a few days to ship from order. Will post pics upon installation this Sat at my workshop. If you’re interested I can let you have the web address to order View attachment 45729

olympian8;938367 said:

Kind regards to all

OLY

Red_Bean_Bun;938646 said:
Z4 e85 headlights have always been a pain to clean or add AEs. Largely because that thing is sealed solid. Some people tried baking it, other have cut it then glue back - if Henry can do that - business would be good for him.

+10000

Spent countless hours trying to figure out how to open it up to retrofit the angel eyes.
Dam Headlamps isn't as easy as the E46s to bake open.
There's like a nail somewhere joining the headlamp together. + Headlamp is at least 4-6years already. Plastic probably fragile already. Later picah die ah....

Just get the aftermarket headlamp lor...

I have Xerapol that you can try, you can search for it in sgcarstore

olympian8;938367 said:

Kind regards to all

OLY

Oly,

I went to fit the headlights today and as requested here are the pics.

View attachment 45977View attachment 45978

By the way the only set back is the purchase of cambus hid kit as this does not come with it... also the AE are not bright so looking to Steven from Bimshop to see if he can LED mark these. :)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Those look good. Were you happy with the results? Any issues? Could u please PM me the site you ordered the lights from and the name of your workshop? Thanks!

Very very nice.....

Were they easy to adjust to fit the Right hand drive?

Cheers

Oly

No adjustment was needed :)

olympian8;940887 said:
Very very nice.....

Were they easy to adjust to fit the Right hand drive?

Cheers

Oly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back