Hamann 1 Series

SL2

Legendary 10 Years
Wah lau eh!! Damn fierce man!!
:drool: :drool: :drool:

the 19" looks damn big on the 1 series...

Azrielsc said:
Nice... but gotta cut away the mud flaps, situated just before the front wheels. Other than that, very nice! :thumbsup:

so those things are mud flaps!
i always wondered what they were,
initially i thought they were for downforce...
hahaha! :lol:

I thought they are wheel spoilers to cut down drag created by turning wheels. Mud flaps are suppose to be behind the wheels right?

I thought those were protective flaps so we dont crash onto our chassis over humps?

shit, Pui... u found out!

PS: Uncle SM and Uncle Pui... how does 2 pieces of flaps prevent in any way, other than make a sickly noise that cuts through your heart like a blunt knife, to protect the chassis???

Chio.

Besides the Alfa 147 and Mini Cooper, this is the nicest sub-compact sports thus far. Far nicer than the Peugeot 206 or Audi A3.

Dat's it. I am downgrading. :twisted:

Tanzy said:
I thought they are wheel spoilers to cut down drag created by turning wheels. Mud flaps are suppose to be behind the wheels right?

Mud flaps are behind the wheels.

Whereas these one which is infront of the wheels (also for the rear wheels). The only function/purpose I can think of for these flaps to be there is to divert the wind downwards to blow away sand grits and water just before the tyres. However, at slow speed it will not be effective.

Crazy idea tat came to me.

So wat is the real function of these flaps?

Whisky_Tango said:

Whereas these one which is infront of the wheels (also for the rear wheels). The only function/purpose I can think of for these flaps to be there is to divert the wind downwards to blow away sand grits and water just before the tyres. However, at slow speed it will not be effective.

Bro, BMW could have screwed up and placed them in front of the wheels instead of the back... and we, the enthusiasts, start coming up with wild and weird theories... kekeke! :oops:

Any idea when the 1 series is coming in and the price range?

gp said:

i think should be anytime now,
early 2005 maybe?
nice car man, definitely worth buying!
or wait for the M1, that one lagi chio!

gp said:

PML said that the 1 series is not priced competitively enough against the 318i, hence it is unlikely that it will appear in the PML showrooms any time soon.

Try PIs.

RB,
The 1 series engine bay is designed to fit an inline 6. I think the 125i will be out middle next year.
What were you thinking? 160i V12?

Azrielsc said:
Whisky_Tango said:

Bro, BMW could have screwed up and placed them in front of the wheels instead of the back... and we, the enthusiasts, start coming up with wild and weird theories... kekeke! :oops:

Hahaha... and one day u see ppl driving in reverse gear all the way.

Back