Half time preventive maintenance - E93/325i

steppy

Folks -

My E93 is coming to 5 years soon. And with COE so high and with the latest announcement, I will be keeping the car a little longer. Given its age, i am planning on doing some work to it to refresh the car. However, since the car has seen very little mileage of only 30K km, i am not sure of where to start.

I have zoomed in on a few areas -

a) cooling system (Expansion tank, top hose thermostat and maybe water pump)
b) Engine gaskets + key electronic sensors such as the eccentric shaft sensors etc
c) brakes (new pads + discs)
d) all weather seals since there is plenty of rubber on the retractable roof

Any advice on where shall i start working on? Cheers!

Re: Half time preventive maintenance - E93/325i

brake should be top of priority because it was related to safety issue.
then cooling system, you can replace hose, pump and thermostat , flushing radiator is advisable before replacement.
then come to engine gaskets and electronic sensor(you can request workshop have a scan before replacement)
then weather seal rubber will be last.

The brakes would be my utmost priority. However, they don't seem to be in need of any change as the thickness of the pad/discs seems to be ok and the brake fluid has been flushed and replaced.

Spoke to a few folks - the advice was to wait and see - fix it only when it leaks! :)

U forgot aircon compressor....in fact many forget just cos aircon still working

To prolong ur compressor's life span n save a bundle of money cos not cheap, its best to every 3yrs or so, take it out and clean and oil it and also flush the aircon system... costs u a few low hundreds but saves u 1-2k on compressor.

One way is to ask a WS to scan the ride to see if all modules and ECUs come up as OKAY.

Then look at the stats to see if its performing within the performance threshold ......

Back