• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Group Buy: 3 and 5 series

JDA6649

I had previously posted a thread on this GB but was extensively OT-ed. Would appreciate if could leave this thread purely for this GB please.

Tomorrow, the Prime Minister is going to issue another report on our economy. The govt has hinted that it will be worse than the -3 to -5 previously report. I thought this is an opportunity to push car prices down.

Whether appropriate timing or not, and whatever price range that's realistic, I am suggesting to meet interested parties for a preliminary discussion. Details are as follows:

Target group: 3 and 5 series (we discuss based on formula/ principle of negotiation, hence all models can be considered).

Date of meeting: Saturday 18 April 2009, 2pm.

Note: This is a GB meeting, not a social gathering.

I will send this message to all those who have PM-ed previously. Additional people who are interested, please PM me and we will communicate from there.

Re: Group Buy: 3 and 5 series

I doubt the report is going to have major impact to the car price for your GB.. Look at the current property market, it's still hot...

Agree. Even when COE was 2 bucks, the prices didn't crash.

Look at the sellout sales at recent launches particularly the article in the papers today..imagine 30 over units of Gallop Gables costing at least 3 mil each being snapped up in a matter of days. Another one nearby Verdure selling 14 units in one weekend preview...Both alone with sales totalling close to S$150mil. There's still huge amount of liquidity (created by '07 super ppty run)in the system. COE likely to march north especially the CAT B / Open CAT. Like what carbuyer guide article headline stated " END of CHEAP COE era?"

The recent market rally and property interest may not last and sentiment can change very fast.

One thing for sure is US hasn't learnt its lesson. It's printing a zillion paper money to bring back the ghost of its past excesses. As their university lecturer puts it, his leaders are "defrauding" everyone once again to buy into the giant "ponzi" scheme. In last 6 months alone, US sucked $1.5 trillion from the world.

As usual it's calm before the storm but history tells us that those who gets out last will bleed horribly.

The market could fall another 25% to 50%.

See article

I'm in no hurry to buy. So if prices are attractive, I'll buy. If not, I will stick to my cash and Jap car :p

According to my SE, they will have info on new stock next week.

I have just gotten a new 520. Price still very stiff. SE is a long term friend and believe that he have really tried his best.

Even the used car dealer wont want to lower their margin, just cant believe they shouting to the gov to reduce COE and push the price up!!! My friend just sold a 4 yrs old 520 for paper plus 8K, ie 60k to a dealer, now dealer asking 78K!! call and ask, best price is 76K!!! non neg!!! :(

I am also interested in 3 series but ex stock are almost depleted with very limited choice of colours and model.

I was told the new stock are mostly 5 series.

Probably dropping by on Friday pm or weekend to check out the new stock.

don't mind if you can share with me the best offered so far by PML?

the price diff between the 3 and 5 series?

I'm looking to get a 2 yr old 320i XL instead :juggle:

Leafre79;431260 said:
don't mind if you can share with me the best offered so far by PML?

the price diff between the 3 and 5 series?

The price difference between 325i and 525i was around 15k for ex stock last month but with new stock, pricing has changed and price structure could be different now. It's best to pay a visit and talk to an SE for more details.

As at yesterday, 5 series all no stock. New FL coming in June. 5-series with M-aero kit and a few extras. Abt $156k for 520 and $168k for 525.

$156K vs $135K (based on the other thread). wah must get the most out of the $21K increment.

JDA6649;431793 said:
As at yesterday, 5 series all no stock. New FL coming in June. 5-series with M-aero kit and a few extras. Abt $156k for 520 and $168k for 525.

New 525 with M-aero kit and a few extras ? Any idea PML allow trade-in and what is the damage like for my 2 mths 525 ? :juggle:

JDA6649;431793 said:

June 09 525 FL

Sports leather steering wheel
Black Kidney grills
Xenon light for low-beam and high beam headlights
Door sill finishers with M badge
Lights Package (LED lights below wing mirror)
M Aerodynamics package (special front air dam, rear apron and side skirts)
Preparation for mobile phone w BT interface
Soft-Close for doors

MapleLeaf;431873 said:
June 09 525 FL

Sports leather steering wheel
Black Kidney grills
Xenon light for low-beam and high beam headlights
Door sill finishers with M badge
Lights Package (LED lights below wing mirror)
M Aerodynamics package (special front air dam, rear apron and side skirts)
Preparation for mobile phone w BT interface
Soft-Close for doors

Wow... that's nice.... does it comes with SAT (Sports Auto Transmission) as well?

JDA6649;431793 said:

difference only 12k? who would buy the 520?

if it's 156k for 520, i'm really glad i got my 520 before the fl. but the pricing for the 525 fl seems ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33winfans
Back