Greetings

Summer

Hi there. Was surfing around for BMW reviews and chanced upon this cool website. Am intending to get a new car but my knowledge of cars is practically nil, so hope to learn from all of you. At present am driving a Ford Mondeo and would like to get something faster. Look forward to any advice :)

Re: Greetings

Summer said:
Hi there. Was surfing around for BMW reviews and chanced upon this cool website. Am intending to get a new car but my knowledge of cars is practically nil, so hope to learn from all of you. At present am driving a Ford Mondeo and would like to get something faster. Look forward to any advice :)

welcome ... something faster? Perhaps you could share with us your budget, else, all the M-cars (M3, M5, M6) are fast!! just depends how much you want to spend.

Welcome Summer
Fast and cheap, look no further but WRX STi and EVO9 and you are done
Best bhp/dollar spent :)

hi hi! Budget's flexible at this point. But of course it'll be better if I can have some money left over to mod the car!

Which is more powerful, the Rex or the EVO? Also, what's the least bhp a car should have in order to be considered powerful?

Well, the sort of rule of thumb is (power to weight ratio) if a car is Less than 100bhp/tonne => underpowered
Greater than 100bhp/tonne => adequate power onwards obviously

To give you an example : E46 M3 has 218bhp/ton, EVO9 has probably about 200bhp/tonne
E90 330 is probably about 165bhp/tonne

So u get the idea.

As to whether EVO or Rex is more powerful, fun to drive n mod, etc etc....I m not sure.
But if I hv to choose, it has to be EVO....The new Rex is quite nice tho :)

Thanks :) Almost everyone I know recommends the Evo... looks like that may be my next car!

Hey I just saw a pic of the new Ford Mondeo... very nice! Wonder what the specs are...

Hello Summer!!!!
saw u at the chat a few days back i think

if it's between REX n EVO, i'd pick the EVO too... everyother review out there also wld rec. the EVO over the REX. Besides, the REXs are now a dime a dozen... all over the roads!

you're right :) Now that I'm looking out for these 2 cars, I do see the Rexes more often.

In fact today on my way to the meet, I think a black Rex was trying to "outplay" me just cos I cut him out of the lane... think I need to drive slower... hee hee

Now just need a kaki to go down with me to check out the EVO at the showroom... I wonder if they let us test drive the EVOs... the last time Honda didn't let me when I was checking out the Integra...

Hi. Welcome !

Mondeo was one of the best car I have driven.
Go for the new ford convertible if you can wait.
That's my pick, or mitsubishi colt converti !

Good luck !

yo....

WOW... a EVO??!!! ur a Speed Chick boz.... haha !! :woowooo:

nevertheless... nice to meet u.

:)

interni said:
Hi. Welcome !

Mondeo was one of the best car I have driven.
Go for the new ford convertible if you can wait.
That's my pick, or mitsubishi colt converti !

Good luck !
hi interni, i got to agree with you on the mondeo. it's a good drive, having driven it for 2yrs8mths. for the price you pay, this is one of the best buys. and thoughout this period i owned the car, i never had any major problems with it.

hi summer

dun think they will let u test drvie the EVOs....unless u haf a friend driving it...hehe...my friend who's a ex bmw owner just got one....even with a deposit, they dun allow him to try.... A good buy i think...for the price u pay to get 320bhp....u only can get a 320....:)

Bmer said:
hi summer

dun think they will let u test drvie the EVOs....unless u haf a friend driving it...hehe...my friend who's a ex bmw owner just got one....even with a deposit, they dun allow him to try.... A good buy i think...for the price u pay to get 320bhp....u only can get a 320....:)

Will the new and old EVO boys n gals please stand up.

A belated hello and welcome to the forum!

hi hi! Thank you all for your recommendations. Right now a bit confused as to what to get... haha... the Modeo is still serving me well, and I really need to try driving an EVO first... if anyone's willing to let me try their car lemme know k... :)

Summer said:
hi hi! Thank you all for your recommendations. Right now a bit confused as to what to get... haha... the Modeo is still serving me well, and I really need to try driving an EVO first... if anyone's willing to let me try their car lemme know k... :)

Hey Summer....
no test driving of Evo (infact all performance cars)...
Evo is veri powerful(turbo charge)! alot faster than ur existing Modeo...
get it only, if you are after speed n bhp..
the interior looks pretty simple n dated, except the recaro seat..
can intro a SA to you if you are interested..

ain't stock evo has a 280bhp?
0-100km/h in 5sec..
mivec turbo

Thanks smoobies will let you know... really don't mind fast cars at all... in fact the faster the better... sometimes I feel the Mondeo is too bulky...

if you want extreme speed and don't like bulkiness... i think you ought to seriously consider a motorbike. i have biking friends who laugh at the amount of money we have to pour into our cars to make them go just marginally faster when there are bikes, at a fraction of the price, that are as fast, if not faster than supercars, straight out of the box.

stock evo is 280bhp....however C&C now one is boost up to 320bhp...heard PI oso boost their up to 320bhp....power up...but price still the same...pretty good huh....

Hey Summer no need to test drive la...lookin at the number of ex bmw owner now driving a evo, u should know is a good buy liao...hehe...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back