Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
  • Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

GPS for BMW

MYSTIC

Hi

Have a brand new BMW Navigation Portable Plus GPS (same type that is fixed on the new E90) with me, New in box.

Asking S$700.

You have to fix this yourself - I have the contact for the installer.

SMS me at 97127118 if interested. Thanks

Re: GPS for BMW

Mystic

Can the GPS fit onto any model BMW or car? Is there any special connection needed i.e. only on the E90 or can it fit the older model BMWs?

Hi

As far as I know - the GPS can be retro-fitted onto any BMW model - as wires only draw power from car battery.

The installer has the connection to get the holder (bracket) to the GPS. Installation cost about S$200++ (includes the holder)

Thanks

Mystic

Is your price a discount to the PML price...haven't called PML but thought you may know thanks.

Recently one member had posted a drawing of the illustration of the installation kit. And if I am not mistaken, it is meant for some cars maybe the E90 as it is as simple as plugging some already available connectors.

The only thing is that one has to drill holes to mount the bracket to the car dash-board facade.

Thus, becareful, unless you car comes ready with the connectors (which is also to the radio) then you may have to get some ICE people to help install. As this unit's voice prompt is integrated to the BMW professional radio set...

MYSTIC;418393 said:
Hi

As far as I know - the GPS can be retro-fitted onto any BMW model - as wires only draw power from car battery.

The installer has the connection to get the holder (bracket) to the GPS. Installation cost about S$200++ (includes the holder)

Thanks

MYSTIC;418056 said:
Hi

Have a brand new BMW Navigation Portable Plus GPS (same type that is fixed on the new E90) with me, New in box.

Asking S$700.

can u plse post the pic or a link to the pic?

thanks

MYSTIC;418056 said:
Hi

Asking S$700.

can u plse post the pic or a link to the pic?

thanks

Hello Everyone

I got this - when I purchased my 525 last month.

It cost more than S$1K - according to my SE.

I don't have any link or picture.

My installer said it will come with a charger + a bracket (same as the E90) or a dash mounted (doublesided tape) to hold the GPS. Installation cost would be around S$200.

He advised that he will run the cables from the ignition and all cables/charger will be hidden.

He has done this on several other 5 series. Thanks

A picture is worth a thousand words...

I saw this picutre from another website. Is it going to look like this?

resized-20090129130519103.jpg

resized-20090129131003875.jpg

resized-20090129130611466.jpg

I actually bought a Garmin 710 from Simlim and GPS cables with brackets from PML. The cables and bracket and installed it with Pin Liang.

Garmin 710 approx 600 SGD
PML GPS cables and brackets approx 130 SGD
Installation for GPS power source and mount of GPS bracket to dashboard approx 110 SGD.

Full installation requires GPS cables to be connected with Car "system", which the installer don't have the experienced and expertise for it. At the end, we decided to link up only the GPS with ignition power source. This will auto "ON" and "OFF the GPS system whenever is start and stop the ignition.

Unfortunately, i believe PML is no longer selling GPS cables and bracket separately, and it is pretty expensive to purchase the whole unit.

After installation, it looks exact like those new 3 series with Portable GPS. Now it is alot safer and easy to control the GPS especially it is within arm reach, instead of wind screen mounting or dashboard beanbag where driver need to reach out.

With GPS Bluetooth phone function, whenever the engine is ON, my phone is auto linkup with the GPS. It is alot safer now to drive whenever my wife check on my whereabout.

Hope it helps...

Rgds,
Fatcheeks

Yeap, so far, few ICE shops would dare to meddle with our car wiring. But, so far, I also trust Pin Liang - :)

Marcus45;418724 said:
I actually bought a Garmin 710 from Simlim and GPS cables with brackets from PML. The cables and bracket and installed it with Pin Liang.

Garmin 710 approx 600 SGD
PML GPS cables and brackets approx 130 SGD
Installation for GPS power source and mount of GPS bracket to dashboard approx 110 SGD.

Full installation requires GPS cables to be connected with Car "system", which the installer don't have the experienced and expertise for it. At the end, we decided to link up only the GPS with ignition power source. This will auto "ON" and "OFF the GPS system whenever is start and stop the ignition.

Unfortunately, i believe PML is no longer selling GPS cables and bracket separately, and it is pretty expensive to purchase the whole unit.

After installation, it looks exact like those new 3 series with Portable GPS. Now it is alot safer and easy to control the GPS especially it is within arm reach, instead of wind screen mounting or dashboard beanbag where driver need to reach out.

With GPS Bluetooth phone function, whenever the engine is ON, my phone is auto linkup with the GPS. It is alot safer now to drive whenever my wife check on my whereabout.

Hope it helps...

Rgds,
Fatcheeks

Back