Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Goodyear F1-Asymmetric Eagle or Michelin PS-2

Hendrick

Hey folks,

It's about time for me to change my tyres, 235/35 front , 275/30 rear, 19 inches. Any advice on the above 2 mentioned tyres?

Re: Goodyear F1-Asymmetric Eagle or Michelin PS-2

hi hendrick.

just swopped over to 19" PS2's. must say that the grip on the tyres are great and inspite of that noise levels are at a minimal. would definitely advise PS2 is budget is not a concern

Agreed ... if budget is not a concern for you, go for the PS2. I've them on my ride as well, good grip n they inspire confidence whilst driving.

also, PS2 has one of the sexiest tyre walls u can find.

hi guys,

Just want to check, what is the normal air pressure that you use for your tyres? I use 36 psi and I can feel all the bumps being transmitted thru the steering. Is the pressure too high or the wall too stiff? My tyres are Bridgestone RE001 245/40/R18 97W. Any comments?

crombie_sg;477107 said:
hi guys,

Just want to check, what is the normal air pressure that you use for your tyres? I use 36 psi and I can feel all the bumps being transmitted thru the steering. Is the pressure too high or the wall too stiff? My tyres are Bridgestone RE001 245/40/R18 97W. Any comments?
this topic of tyre pressure has been debated very often.

personally i dun think there really is a "right" tyre pressure. every1's preferences are diff. this is not to say that we go pump 29psi on all 4 tyres for comfort. personally i will check the recommended tyre pressure either by our door or with some tyre shop and using those numbers, adjust accordingly to suit both handling and comfort.

i will try bringing the pressure down to 34 psi and see if it suits u.

just like a tennis racquet, there is a recommended tension to be strung for the gutts. but if the tension far exceeds what is advised, the frame of the racquet may crack. also, because of the style of play (power or control focus), no one tension suits all players.

its a matter of finding your sweet spot or biting point.

slater,

I appreciate your insight. You are correct about the trial and error method, except we find it tedious to do.

crombie_sg;477127 said:
slater,

I appreciate your insight. You are correct about the trial and error method, except we find it tedious to do.
really LL wan. no easy way out. what i do is that i keep a tyre pressure gauge with me so that it is easier for me to assertain the actual pressure in my tyres.

pump one pressure, drive for a day or 2 u shld be able to tell if its too bumpy given that u travel they same route to work everyday.

PS2 for the win. good stuff.

Hendrick;477082 said:
Hey folks,

It's about time for me to change my tyres, 235/35 front , 275/30 rear, 19 inches. Any advice on the above 2 mentioned tyres?
I was in the same situation as you yesterday..so consulted a car expert and he said go with Eagle F1 asymmetric..I went ahead...immediately can feel the difference between stock RFT and this F1..F1 has much more grip and also quieter than stock RFT..i'm quite certain PS2 should edge out a bit more vs F1..at the end of the day, F1 is enough for my needs...maybe PS2 at next tyre change..:D

eagle F1 is definitely up there with PS2. But was told that in real life situations PS2 is quieter.

Slater;477130 said:
really LL wan. no easy way out. what i do is that i keep a tyre pressure gauge with me so that it is easier for me to assertain the actual pressure in my tyres.

pump one pressure, drive for a day or 2 u shld be able to tell if its too bumpy given that u travel they same route to work everyday.

Slater,

Now I see a guy in nice shirt checking tyre pressure in the car park, must be you lah!

my personal opinion...i understand PS2 will last good 40k km however it will take me > 2 years to hit this mileage. So F1 works for me...usually change tyres ~ 1.5 yrs before rubber hardens.

so depends on your needs and budget Hendrick. For tyre pressure, mine hits 245 / 265 psi max at high temp...a TPMS helps

i'm on PS2s now, but might swtich to F1 Assys next.

I switched from Toyo T1R to Goodyear F1 Assyms. The Goodyear's are much quieter and had marginally more grip on both dry and wet surfaces. Yet to see how these babies age...

No previous experience with the PS2s yet..

Where to get F1 in cheaper price?

crombie_sg;477157 said:
Slater,

Now I see a guy in nice shirt checking tyre pressure in the car park, must be you lah!
u damn right!

EMF;477179 said:
:) ... Bro, why am I not surprised, U da ON sia!:)
i think i kena poison liao.

yesterday fix matt black grill and full CF emblem until midnight! now hawt!

okok better not OT liao. PS2 FTW!!!

Back