Get Samsung S5 or wait for Iphone 6?

DrK

My ancient Iphone 4 is giving me some issues lately. Thinking of throwing that brick out and get a Samsung S5. It has been a good 3 years with that Iphone so not complaining much. Just hate to do that frequent IOS update and sync to one computer/ must use ITunes to download songs etc kind of hassle.... Apple really get to me in this area. Camera-wise and scroll speed, fantastic on the Iphone though.

The new Andriod S5 looks cool and light. But it is a Samsung. My last Samsung was 10 years ago (the flip type) and it lasted only 1 year and I have no more faith in Korean products (except for its chicks plastic only..). Screen looks big and pixel great for surfing, fb etc. But camera seems abit inferior to Iphone (to me at least). It is an Andriod so no more Itune shite.

To wait for Iphone 6, it will probably be until Nov/Dec before actual products reach the shores (assuming Apple launched it in Sept).

Anyone in the same boat as me? Valuable advice?

Re: Get Samsung S5 or wait for Iphone 6?

DrK;1087116 said:
My ancient Iphone 4 is giving me some issues lately. Thinking of throwing that brick out and get a Samsung S5. It has been a good 3 years with that Iphone so not complaining much. Just hate to do that frequent IOS update and sync to one computer/ must use ITunes to download songs etc kind of hassle.... Apple really get to me in this area. Camera-wise and scroll speed, fantastic on the Iphone though.

The new Andriod S5 looks cool and light. But it is a Samsung. My last Samsung was 10 years ago (the flip type) and it lasted only 1 year and I have no more faith in Korean products (except for its chicks plastic only..). Screen looks big and pixel great for surfing, fb etc. But camera seems abit inferior to Iphone (to me at least). It is an Andriod so no more Itune shite.

To wait for Iphone 6, it will probably be until Nov/Dec before actual products reach the shores (assuming Apple launched it in Sept).

If i were you, I would strongly urge you to look at the LG G3. It beasts the S5 in design and specs. And have a very potent camera. At 5.5inches, it will and is the smallest form factor 5.5 inch you will ever buy. Not to mention, the worlds first QHD 2K displa @ 534 PPI. And having used my LG G2 for around 11 months now, without any problems, I'd say LG quality is definitely up there.

I personally feels that android makes a better working phone than the iPhone. For entertainment and lifestyle..... It gota be the iPhone!

DrK;1087116 said:

Unless you regularly sync song to your phone, i don't see a problem. In fact, i have 4k+ songs in my phone. I am an old skool fellow. I buy CD.

To stick with iphone means that u living the entire ecosystem (Mac + ipad + iphone). Otherwise, jump ship.

Same boat... iPhone 4 (non-S) giving up the ghost so bought a XIAOMI to wait it out until the iPhone 6 comes. At $169 it can't be wrong!

The only Samsungs I buy are TVs.

I too , still using the ancient 4 , its been working fine for me all these years , guess it would last me till the iphone 7

MW you damn zek-ark.

Thanks all. I have been tolerating my Iphone for quite some time. As time passes, it seems to get slower when apps are opened. Recently it went bonkers when I open my whatspp and it asked for 'connect to Itunes for get notifications'. Now I don't even get notifications when I receive messages. Wtf.. all my notifications are turned on in the main control panel and whatsapp doesn't need any upgrade of version. Need to upgrade IOS? Quite mafan man.. it is like a pain for non techie of mobiles like me.

I just need a phone which is fast, easy to use, no constant upgrades of OS, stable, reasonable sound quality and pixel as well as big screens to watch NSFW wideos and xmm pics.... so hard meh?

same boat....ardy waited for 3yrs for a better iphone ...so dont mind waiting for 1 or 2 mths more to see if the bigger ip6 better or not. Btw, the new sony xperia z2 damn good...excellent built and photos ( waterproof somemore), saw my bro took pic of his kids in the pool...photo still darn sharp with his kids jumping around. Tempting...

Think few of us in similar situation. I'm going from iPhone to S5 to see difference between iOS and Android.

http://shar.es/P9bXo

Taiwanese singer-actor Jimmy Lin has pulled off yet another Apple leak. The famous Apple iPhone snitch revealed photos of the purported iPhone 6 on his Weibo account.

Sent using ShareThis

Sent from my iPhone

Android OEM phones can't get new Android OS as frequently as they released each year. The OS is so fragmented. If you are using other Apple stuff at home, it's better to stick with Apple due to the ecosystem. I use wireless sync for my ios devices and seldom plug in to the computer. There is no other better connected ecosystem than Apple if it's connected right. Also a lot of mobile apps are built for Ios first before Android. My 2 cents.

If Apple leak is true, it will have 2 versions of Iphone 6 (4.7" and 5.5"). I think their prices will hit the roof. Earliest to get it will also be in Nov if they launch it in Sept. And the whole Apple ecosystem... argh.

Quite leaning towards the LG G3 for now. Decisions, decisions.

The solution is... to do a poll.

I used to nokia... Till i found an Apple a day... Now i am on my 3rd Samsung Note!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back