General guide to Modding your Bimmer.

Ryan, I hv also been thinking of the same thing. I think it is great and will serve good purposes to those who wish to know more bout each modification.
As we move along, I suppose we can add any finished write-up on each mod and place it under the MODIFICATIONS section.
Once all complete ( assuming no more mods can be done hahaha), then the Mod section will become a very helpful section for those who wish to seek info on car mods.
Good initiative dude :thumbsup:

I will surely come up with something.Let u know and you then decide how to consolidate all the write-ups.

Cheers

Other additions:

Aesthetics: Clear/White light casings
Aesthetics: Chrome Trims (Door Sills, Kidney Grills)

Interior: //M Steering Wheel
Interior: Steering Pedalshift
Interior: Matt/Chrome Dial Rings
Interior: Pedals

Warning: Please do not treat this as a checklist or face the consequences. :twisted:

mmm..checked.

:p

Puny said:
Other additions:

Aesthetics: Clear/White light casings
Aesthetics: Chrome Trims (Door Sills, Kidney Grills)

Interior: //M Steering Wheel
Interior: Steering Pedalshift
Interior: Matt/Chrome Dial Rings
Interior: Pedals

Warning: Please do not treat this as a checklist or face the consequences. :twisted:

Some additions:

Interior Modifications
Interior Trims
Door Sills (Illuminated / Non-Illuminated)
Brake Lever
Gear Knob
M3 Rearview Mirror

Aesthetic Modifications
Roof Spoiler (is this the Rear Wing that you refer to?)
"Shark" Antenna

baracudax said:
Some additions:

Interior Modifications
Interior Trims
Door Sills (Illuminated / Non-Illuminated)
Brake Lever
Gear Knob
M3 Rearview Mirror

Aesthetic Modifications
Roof Spoiler (is this the Rear Wing that you refer to?)
"Shark" Antenna
Updated!

Thanks!

Lately, I found out a new mod that is plug and play and quite good for low end horsepower !!

What u need to do is to find a electric fan off a manual cars to replace both fan(6 cyclinders only) of the automatic ones and voila you prob can pull a couple more horse from the engine straightaway !

On the automatic cars, the electric fan has got a clutch to the engine and the engine will assist the fan from idling to 3500rpm before clutchin off when it reach 3500 rpm. This robs the engine, especially the 2.0L and the 2.2L ones of the critical torque that it requires at the kind of low rpm.

Free that up and it will immediately translate into instant torque.

Check out the new 5 and 7, they are all now running electric ones without the clutch assistance. All they did was just to have a bigger cooler for the transmission oil... And I already knew one KIASU member in the forum already done it quietly !!!! :dance: :dance:

Just watch out which one got a oil cooler in front of his M Aero II bumper :thumbsup:

You forgot:
Brake Pads
Brake Discs
Brake Calipers
Fluids
Braided hoses

would that go under performance or handling or safety?

by the way, Piggy,
Your Hiop extractors still for sale?

cheers,
Tom

The extractor is long sold... if u want, i might be able to pinch one for u, but u have to let me know what kind of price u looking at..

hmm, i've got a friend who's interested in the extractors cos i told him a friend was selling...he's driving the M52 328i in JB.

if you got a friend who wants to sell a used one for cheap he should be interested...

thanks piggy
Tom

hi guys,

whats the limit to modding, as i don't want to void my warranty!!!
do's and dont's that still within PML's warranty package!

thanks!!!
geoff :wavey:

Geoff,
Generally speaking, after mkt parts that are not made or endorsed by BMW.AG.. :naughty:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back