Gear shift in 523

wasabi8888

Hi all

I am new in this forum and also a new owner of BMW cars. I just got myself a 523. It has been with me for about a month. Year of manufacture is 2008.

The prob is this, everyting i want to shift to Reverse gear (from D), i press the button and push it up. I thought I can just push it all the way to get from D to R. There are times, that it does not engage from D to R. It will be at N. I need to push up again in order to get R. Is this common? Has anyone that has the 523 experienced this?

Jeff

Re: Gear shift in 523

I had and am still having the same problem.

After making several complaints, PML replaced the software and the gear selector. Although the problem is less frequent, it still presents itself every now and then.

Wow... that's bad..

i have fixed an appointment with their service side to

1. fix the gear

2. fix the back bumper. If you look at the 5 series bumper, the driver's side juts out a little bit. I have seen some other 5 series and they all have the same problem. I find this not acceptable.

3. change the driver's leather seat. I find the workmanship of the stiching rather bad.

4. the right and left front doors have started creaking. Not sure whether it's due to the auto-shut mechanism.

Mine also got creaking issues abt 1mth old 523.
saw from the tread to spray something but dunno what to use and how to spray?

There are three solutions to this problem creaking problem:

1. Use double sided tape on the rubbers - PML does this.

2. Buy some rubber 'moisturizer' and apply to all the door seals - I do this

3. Warranty claim from PML, they might replace the door seals for you or might do no. 1

This is an inherent problem with the E60, unfortunately.

TheNew7;333143 said:
There are three solutions to this problem creaking problem:

1. Use double sided tape on the rubbers - PML does this.

2. Buy some rubber 'moisturizer' and apply to all the door seals - I do this

3. Warranty claim from PML, they might replace the door seals for you or might do no. 1

This is an inherent problem with the E60, unfortunately.

Where do I buy the rubber moisturizer? Is there a particular brand?

I have the same creaking problem as well. Can u let me know where we can get the rubber moisturiser? Thanks!

I use zymol... quite long lasting.... if I end up at the meet next week, I will bring what I use.... perhaps you guys can try it there before spending money on this.... see whether it makes a difference for your car....

let me know if you want me to bring it.... otherwise, I won't.

Tks for the advice, will ask pml to double-side tape my doors during my 1st servicing.
If still got issue then try to use the spray. Annoying but still bearable...

:)

wasabi8888;330595 said:
Hi all

I am new in this forum and also a new owner of BMW cars. I just got myself a 523. It has been with me for about a month. Year of manufacture is 2008.

The prob is this, everyting i want to shift to Reverse gear (from D), i press the button and push it up. I thought I can just push it all the way to get from D to R. There are times, that it does not engage from D to R. It will be at N. I need to push up again in order to get R. Is this common? Has anyone that has the 523 experienced this?

Jeff

I have this same problem as well, and it happens so frequently that I couldn't stand it anymore. Finally brought it down to PML. They changed the gear lever and reprogram, a 1 day job.

Gear lever felt much 'stiffer/tighter' after the change. So far feels good after the change.

Bros having the same problem should make a trip to PML to get it rectified.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmwinlove
Back