Gathering of all F30s' FC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gathering of all F30s' FC!

Meek;966241 said:
If you need a valet, i can help you le.... :D
I only need TLC car wash.

My Efficient Dynamics chart reads 11.1L/100km. Sports mode, spirited runs, chiet here and there...

22.4l / 100km...... When i drive it like i stole it..... F30 316i just delivered....

Just got my 316i 4 days ago. So am interested to know how far off the FC is from the official figure.

After running 3/4 tank, it is 8.7l / 100 km - driving mostly in Comfort mode.

Refill sign will light up when hit balance 90km. It depends on what mode you drive, full thank is about 700 + ..km. See clips when eco pro, hit 19km. Just full expressway. Pie to bke to kje. Comfort city drive range from 12km. For sport is about 10+ to 11. Lastly super sport i have not try. FC improves greatly when you use auto cruise control.

CMJJ;971347 said:
Refill sign will light up when hit balance 90km. It depends on what mode you drive, full thank is about 700 + ..km. See clips when eco pro, hit 19km. Just full expressway. Pie to bke to kje. Comfort city drive range from 12km. For sport is about 10+ to 11. Lastly super sport i have not try. FC improves greatly when you use auto cruise control.

Good FC..........

enjoy..
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Just FYI, my tank average over the past 1 year for F10 523i 2.5L IL6 is 8.5+/- 0.3km/l. It's a 1.5tonne car.

On my old E90 320i 2.0L IL4 is 8.9 +/- 0.3km/l. It's a 1.4tonne car.

F30 320/328i 2.0L IL4 Turbo I would expect 9-10km/l. It's a lighter car with more gear ratios.

No point comparing. You're not gonna get some crazy Prius like mileage.

Weight and driving pattern makes the most difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;971578 said:
Just FYI, my tank average over the past 1 year for F10 523i 2.5L IL6 is 8.5+/- 0.3km/l. It's a 1.5tonne car.

On my old E90 320i 2.0L IL4 is 8.9 +/- 0.3km/l. It's a 1.4tonne car.

F30 320/328i 2.0L IL4 Turbo I would expect 9-10km/l. It's a lighter car with more gear ratios.

No point comparing. You're not gonna get some crazy Prius like mileage.

Weight and driving pattern makes the most difference.

523i is 1.7t dry. Probably close to 1.8 with driver and fuel. That is actually pretty good fc if your driving pattern is like only 70% highway and you go to and off work with pretty much most sinkies.

Actually i feel tat best dun drive like sissy. The fc sucks. Car feels lagging also. Push abit abit. Mine i manual count n get 8.7km/l. Bt given most car average of 400-500km per tank is ok lah. In our small red dot city in fact we cant really hv gd fc n best dun look at it. Cheers

Agree with Ah Yang. It's true. Drive faster your FC better. So just drive fast whenever possible (not to the extent of dangerous). Around 80kph is a good speed.

My travel patten is 30-40% highway. I'll go onto BKE from Bt Panjang, then into PIE, and exit at Lornie. That's just like 4 exits and I'll be on my way to U-turn at Lornie all the way down to Alexendra where there's the idiotic cop on the bridge, towards Bt Merah where I work.

Sometimes I will be going via the dreaded stretch of Holland Road to Clementi Road to Woodlands Road, so 0% highway.

Highway % is not a good measure. The average speed reading on your computer is a better comparison.

My avg speed hovers around 26-28 km/h. That will give around 8.5-8.8 km/l.

If my avg speed goes up to 32-35 km/h I can easily get 9.x km/l.

Key here is I don't squeeze in the peak hour jam. I go to work at 10+am and try to avoid night traffic by leaving at 7+pm. If possible I will go nearby and eat first or go gym, then return around 10+pm. Usually evening peak hour traffic is the worst. Late morning traffic usually still OK.

On a good day I can have my trip average show 9.x km/l on F10 523i. Fucked up day, especially if I sit in my car idling and waiting for people, I will get 6-7km/l.

So it is really driving pattern.

drive bmw and care about fc? to bang table at pml? mai meow chee lar.... my knn friend driving jipun chia say one.

iltdqd;971685 said:
drive bmw and care about fc? to bang table at pml? mai meow chee lar.... my knn friend driving jipun chia say one.

Agree wif u tat drive bmw y still care abt fc. Bt bang table wont lah. Cos all bros here noe tat wat written on specs is nt same de mah. Neow chee??? No lah. Tis thread is 2 share. So far havent c any1 write tat bmw kan si lan jiak you( if noe i buy a japanese or kim chi or a cheena car). Hahaha

Ayah those jap car owner will say this and that lah end of the day the conti engines are really miles ahead of the jap cars (exception maybe for Honda) and FC wise they are losing. Why you think so many ppl go buy VW despite all the DSG issues? 1.4l perform like or better than 2.0l NA jap cars.

FC discussion ok lah, for sharing. After all who don't want to save money. Never hear before people say meh, rich people are most neow one. Not saying I rich, but the BMW owners are perceived as rich mah, no?

End of the day save here save there still go and pump 98 or V-Power... Zero sum discussion. Petrol company own your balls.

Don't y now my 328i feel a bit sluggish. When i step on the accelerator (while moving) it takes like 1 or 2 secs to response, this is while in Normal mode. Turbo lag? Thought the twinpowered turbo supposed to get rid of the turbo lag :(

Williammm;971738 said:
Don't y now my 328i feel a bit sluggish. When i step on the accelerator (while moving) it takes like 1 or 2 secs to response, this is while in Normal mode. Turbo lag? Thought the twinpowered turbo supposed to get rid of the turbo lag :(

Same also bro. Bt after some hard driving wil b more smooth. Bt i tried sports mode the gears dun seems 2 b smooth. Wil hv jerk. Unlike my previous 116

Gathering of all F30s' FC!

Williammm;971738 said:

Bro put in a piggy back chip and it should get better : )

Absolutely agree it is driving pattern. My f10 barely returns 6km to a litre in morning peak hour traffic, but can easily get 14km/L when doing airport run at 4am.

Williammm;971738 said:

Same also bro. Bt after some hard driving wil b more smooth. Bt i tried sports mode the gears dun seems 2 b smooth. Wil hv jerk. Unlike my previous 116

You have been driving like a pus*y?

I got the same problem. After my dad drives it over the weekend, the car is totally smooth. When I use the car for the whole week in traffic jam, the car is sibie laggy and transmission will be jerky in sport mode. MA claims it is "adaptive gear box" at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back