Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Fseries Coding and Disccusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus28

Banned.
Hi guys, I'm curious and wonder why coding discussion is not a frequent topic . The alteration of coding can unlock or change the car function's behaviour by just switching 1 or 0. Based on experience and please correct me if you think i'm wrong, altering these functions are safe. Agent will be able to upgrade your ECU software or diagnostic .

Example,

• Auto folding of car's mirror when locking your car with comfort access or key fob
  • Enabling the auto stop and start memory function so that it can remember what was the last setting
  • Same for air con
  • Enable angle eyes when headlight is on
  • Enabling Video in motion
  • blah blah blah.. There are many functions for f10,f20,f30 series and their cheat sheet can be downloaded from
  • Google easily.

Other challenging settings apart from the on off switches as listed above and not recommended and more exploration ( again based on experience, modifiying the VO(vehicle order) without the retrofit detected will failed the software upgrading and diagnostic. Thus, it may lead to voiating the car's warranty term) these include

• Enable BMW apps where you can connect your idrive to facebook, email, sms via your iphone.
  • Traffic information
  • Adding and registering your new installed item with the ecu so to unleashed the item full potential. eg, m performance brake.
  • Hacking into the desire control unit.
  • blah blah blah..

To accomplished the above, you need a laptop , obdII cable , esys software , pdzdata and eidbas
example of 3.18 e_sys(outdated):
View attachment 48711
refer : BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc. - BMW 3-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST

Here's the deal, I'm planning to arrange a sharing session by showing you how to connect and code your own car. For those who already know how to code, I'm willingly to share the data and software with you guys but accept for the cable. You need to purchase from me or elsewhere. Below agenda is for the benefit for the first timer.

Agenda:

1. Brief introduction of how is the software installed
2. How to establish the connection between your computer and car
3. Brief introduction of the E-sys interface
4. How to check your ilevel or latest firmware
5. Showing some of the coding process.
6. what are the commonly happened issue to me and how to revert back.
7. Updating your Navigation Map to 2013. We charged a very small fee updating reason to share with you how is it are done, so next time you can do it yourself for the following years.(sorry, we are not allow to do group buy)

Date and venue:
Will update you via PM

1. Marcus28
2. Williammm
3. Meeks
4. Papbear77
5. Radon39
6. Eagle67
7. CMJJ
8. Chazrt
9. ngalan
10. Slow_poke_driver
11. 3005
12. dleong
13. M-Noobie
14.Tri99er
15. Eastmints

PS: Most of the time, i code my own car and I'm sharing whatever i have learnt to you. So please... CODING YOUR OWN CAR AT YOUR OWN RISK! All are welcome though I only know how to code for F10, F20 and F30 only.

Eseries Coders are welcome to join us to share your experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fseries Coding and Disccusion

i am interested to attend and understand this.

Re: Fseries Coding and Disccusion

Might as well share @ monthly meetup next weekend...

I'm in for the discussion!
Williammm;970714 said:
1. Marcus28
2. Williammm
3. Meeks
4. Papbear77

I will be sharing my little knowledge too.. :D

I 'm keen, please keep me posted.

Same,, I'm keen to join.

Got my cable and software. Just haven't gotten started. :p

Updated List

1. Marcus28
2. Williammm
3. Meeks
4. Papbear77
5. Radon39
6. Eagle67
7. CMJJ
8. Chazrt

I am keen too, please include me. thanks

Updated List

1. Marcus28
2. Williammm
3. Meeks
4. Papbear77
5. Radon39
6. Eagle67
7. CMJJ
8. Chazrt
9. ngalan

I take offence in your comments!! You ask me to sell you.. ask tons of questions.. and send thank you sms " thanks for all the support" ...

wah piang... really two headed... your loss my gain then...

hope u don't code wrongly. and burn down your car!!!!!

marcus28;970721 said:
I.m not a making a profit and just sharing with others and hoping some experts will raise up some day.. Darn, I encountered so many difficulty in the past , but only able to find solutions from other forums but not here.

Thinking about it, I bought a faulty cable from someone he think he really smart and sell me for $80 where oversea is only $20-30. Thanks to other forum which provided me the info to resolder the cable... So I think information has to be shared .

Why are you so angry, I didn't said is you. I cannot buy other cables meh

porky88;970821 said:
I take offence in your comments!! You ask me to sell you.. ask tons of questions.. and send thank you sms " thanks for all the support" ...

wah piang... really two headed... your loss my gain then...

hope u don't code wrongly. and burn down your car!!!!!

nb... i recall telling u.. it's my own diy cable for my own use.. and even advise u make your own..

good heart kenna bitten by dog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back