• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

FS: The real deal. '01 E39 M5

NineEleven

This is a superb car & one of the best I've owned. In fact, I drive it faster than many others as it's quiet & discreet. You should see the faces of those being overtaken on the road. Other than supercars, it's eaten several Porsches & everything else on the road. I've taken it up to 270 & good to go higher but ran out of road. Gave a CLS AMG55 a real hardtime too.

The E39 was the Car of the Year for many years & this is the top of the line. It is built like a tank & simply bulldozes everyone on the NS highway. De-badged, orig. Carbon Black with fine stone chips on nose & regularly maintained with Autoglym. Cabin is black with grey centres & still minty. I bought this as it was recommended as one of the best unit by the mechanics @ Alexandra & the ex owner who had it for 6yrs spared nothing to maintain it. Not a leak. Just need a paint touch-up on stone chips & few small dings on door. Lost the rear diffuser but that can be replaced easily.

New clutch job @ 80K+km, new filters.
New full service last month+new plugs
New angel eyes with factory HID
Full PML service record.
New M5 steering wheel with good original to give you.
New Falken tyres @ 85K km.
Double layered glass
Sun roof
Rear curtain
Heated seats+3 memories
Multi function S. wheel
Stoptech front 4 Pot BBK kit
Orig. 18" BBS
3rd owner.
Mileage: Approaching 90K
5.0 V8 400Bhp
Reg Jul 2001
OMV$94218
COE$27104
6 speed manual
Body was S$35K+/- last July & I paid extra S$10K for the condition but take it lesser now.

Paper is S$99,646 till July 09. Asking S$140K neg. Might be able to get hi loan from my guy.

I'm very tempted to COE it as there's nothing else like it for this money but have others on hand. It seats 5 & has a real boot! Just 10% paper loss per year now & not much more for the body. If you want a discreet saloon & with the power on hand anytime. This is the One.

Hoping to find another enthusiast to appreciate it. Some tuning on the geometry & better tyres would improve cornering. You can also spend about S$2K+ to tweak the ECU & release another 30Hp+ remove limiter. New exhaust to gain another 20Hp+/-

Jon 92416997

Re: FS: The real deal. '01 E39 M5

love the car man, just a pity it was de-badged. M5 heritage is nothing to be shy about !!
Was thinking of getting it... but maybe not yet... :)
Hope u find a buyer who takes care of the car and doesn't export it !!

Damn...what a car. Check with the missus if she wants it for a daily runaround vehicle.

ACS6;407523 said:
Damn...what a car. Check with the missus if she wants it for a daily runaround vehicle.

Wow. If your missus will take a manual transmission for a daily runabout - salute!!

Great car. Would love to get it but hang cheng pai, no moolah....

She handles her current manual pretty well but have always been looking at getting something with more ompfh. Who knows, gonna ask her at lunch. LOL....evil plot to hijack her future ride for a few days of the week.

ACS6;407555 said:
....evil plot to hijack her future ride for a few days of the week...

Hahaha... I knew it!! Excuse for buying it so that you can have some fun.... :lol2:

yoman1979;407511 said:
love the car man, just a pity it was de-badged. M5 heritage is nothing to be shy about !!

Well, the story goes............The previous owner loves sport cars but the missus bans him so he had to tell her it's a normal 5 series :cloud9:

Anyway, the M5 badge is in the glove compartment & ready to re-badge anytime.

I wanted a lot of mods on this plus a colour change but then it's meant for my Malaysia runs so an old car with loads of power & gadgets is the way to go. Nobody notices you with an old model, even here. After a while, I'm cool with the non badge. It can be as tame as a Cheri & fast as a Porsche depending on your mood.

Btw, when AMG & M series were launched decades ago. They were meant as Q-cars, something stealthy & catch people off guard. This principle has been erroded by consumers who wanted it to be "louder" to justify the money.....

Sometime ago. I read that Clarkson saw an old 5 series with M bodykit, 4 pipes poking & badged "518". But then the car had the M wheels & dash then the manual gear!

NineEleven;407597 said:
...Sometime ago. I read that Clarkson saw an old 5 series with M bodykit, 4 pipes poking & badged "518"....

Think 3 months ago BMWCar featured an E46 Touring, with M3 engine, drivetrain and everything... For all intents and purposes it is an E46 M3 Touring.... and the owner left the '318i' badge on it.... I love it!! :)

My fav blue propeller to date. Powerful yet stealth.

post some pictures dude. :)

bayerische;408140 said:
btw breyton what's torque steer ah?

It's the tendency for the steering on FWD cars to pull to one side or the other under acceleration, esp those with higher power/torque. This is due to the drive shafts driving the left and right wheels being unequal length - producing unequal moments under acceleration. What you feel is a nervous steering wheel when you slam on the gas pedal. Torque steer can be somewhat mitigated by have equal length drive shafts, but difficult to eliminate completely.

Sorry about the OT 9-11! :p

Back