FR : UUC Front camber plates / strut mounts / alignment kit

Rastaman

Hi all track junkies and go fast speed demons !! hehe..

Just thot i'll give u guys a heads up on me new mini toy installed last thursday, some of u saw it , some didnt !! As the title header shows - its a camber/caster kit fm UUC manufactured by SPC. Special thanks to Wilson the 'Great White' for rushing this special prod for me !! Muah !

Sorry no pics (pls see the link) as i was rushing it, but on first inspection its beautifully made fm aluminium and has a nice solid urethane insulator (unlike jap ones which are full metal and make a knocking sound against the strut). It replaces the oem strut mount and installed perfectly over my PSS9's. There are 4 positions on the adjustment numbered from 1-4 which will either give negative/positive caster (+/-7.5 deg) or negative/positve camber (+/- 2 deg). Of coz i went for negative camber since e46 front can't be really adjusted. Both left and right use diff numbers for neg camber tho so beware of that.

Got hold of good ol Kenny at Riverview (oh by the way he now has his own place just further down Riverview on the same floor) to do some fine adjustments and wow, this thing really sets up perfect -2.00 deg as specified by UUC. I know its not much for some of u guys buy hey i'm no wtcc driver la.

So friday morning comes and its the day of reckoning ...track time at Sepang hehe. Man..this thing is damn good, within the first session i managed to cut 3 secs off my best time. Front feels very steady thru turns 5 and 6, previously my SO3 w/out camber kit used to screech a bit, now nothing at all so menaing maybe i can push more on the next track day. Again on turns 7-8 very smooth and controlled (no screeching here which i used to get).

Conclusion
Anyway, this being my first run with them, i was a little conservative but the results put a big grin on my face even tho i ran the tyres a bit overflated (wtf 37psi - what was i doin !!). Think if lowered to 34 hot, it would have been much better (coz was testing the tyres as well).

Does it help u go faster round corners ? u bet 100pct yes. Did it help in shaving the 3 secs ? possibly maybe 2 secs for the camber kit as i had also changed the tyres (to ad07) and it seems to handle better than the bridgestones. All in, i was a very satisfied track day and i cant wait for the one in Sep.

Moral of the story, get yr mobiles out and call Wilson ASAP to get em installed before the next track day, if not i'll bust yr balls even if u have s/c !!! :lol2: - dun flame me ahhh ! just motivating u guys oni hehe

Here's a brief recap fm the UUC site:

Camber/caster adjustment plates engineered utilizing a unique, multi-adjustable design, these adjustable camber plates are an ideal solution.

Works with any BMW-compatible front strut or coilover setup designed for original strut mount.
Replaces original upper strut mount.

Does not change front ride height.

Crafted from aircraft quality aluminum, these precision machined adjusters feature OE style bearings and a bonded urethane insulator.

The OE style bearing provides proper rotational compliance for the strut shaft and will not loosen or rattle like spherical-bearing designs.

100% urethane isolation prevents noise or vibration transmitted to car's interior unlike solid metal plates.

Designed for both performance and racing applications.
For original height vehicles or lowered up to 3"

Front Camber/Caster Adjustment Range:
Camber: -2.0º to +2.0º
Caster: -.75º to +.75º

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/suspension/camber/72070_install.htm

Re: FR : UUC Front camber plates / strut mounts / alignment kit

Nice one Jem
It's a must for those who go tracking.
Dunno what Caster u r set on, but next time do 7 degree like M3,....steam ah!

come to think abt it, geez i dont know what degree the caster is, must be somewhere 6+ deg. will look into it further, something new to ponder abt !! hehe

Rasta... I thought For Sale camber adjustment plates... made me so happy.

my car got or not? but tyre wear sure damn jialat and uneven?

Toto
Only a select few of brands available for E60 I believe. For sure UUC dont make it.
I know KMAC does (old Ozzie brand )

As for the tire wear..that is not always the concern.
Camber adjustment can be used to correct excessive natural camber that happens in a lowered car to a a more desired level. That is one of the benefits.
Also our road conditions here. We have plenty of corners ard so the kit can help improve turn in and to a certain extent, can actually reduce premature/uneven inner or outer edge tire wear.

At the end of the day, the camber kit allows for adjustability and not necessarily you have to run it to a high -ve setting all the time.

Jas

its an FR la not FS - hehe

Toto

Wear rate should be minimal, i had -2deg on my rear for past 1 yr on so3 and it didnt show any
obvious signs of unevenness ! front -2 deg also should be ok unless u go more to maybe 2.5-3 deg

Back