First class profit, 2nd class servicing

kevintan

I was lucky to be owner of a new car for few Japanese brands and no complain about their car in term of reliability and servicing issue until i bought a bmw car not only i become an unlucky owner and their servicing and follow up give me hell of a problem from so call authorised dealer?
This thread is not to venture my anger but to share some experience and what have been the standard for bmw after service and why do we still want to give them that extra buck for the sub standard service they provide even when yr car is relatively new.

Every servicing i go, definately something is spoilt for me to change, i was able to meet the servicing manager in Alexander and ask about this issue and his answer to my question is bmw got lot of parts compare to jap car!!!a
so it have more thing to fail? We have to accept lot of gauges but always spoil?
I don't know the above answer acceptable by the forumers here?
2nd issue again, to share with u guy, my car if run for half and hour and when it start to roll, it like something stuck in my wheel and is very irritated.

So u guys guess what happen to my car?
Story to be continued.....

Re: First class profit, 2nd class servicing

Sorry to hear about all your trouble with your BMW. Unfortunately, we can all be lucky or unlucky with cars sometimes.

Previously, I bought a brand new Toyot* from authorised agent on advice of everyone saying that it was very reliable but my car had lots of problems. After 3 attempts to fix my brakes under warranty and numerous other issues, I gave up and sold it off.

On the other hand, my 6er has been faultless since I bought it. Obviously the dealership experience has been great since nothing has gone wrong.

Hope your car doesn't give your any more problems.

Did you try rolling in "N" for a while to see if it still has that engine brake feeling?

the story continue....
i put the car at the work shop in alexandra and after 4 days, i call and ask for the Service executive for update, they dont even want to answer my call or reply my sms until i got to ask the salesman to get them to call me. And guess what they told me? We change your rim and check but found nothing wrong with the rim!!!
WTF....4 days to test for rim to see got fault?
So i started to ask them how are they going to speed up my thing, that SE start to ignore my call and sms again. Until i damn piss off and told them i will go down to make a scene and finally the so call PR manager called me in the evening.
He claim that he will try to speed up everything and on the 5th day found out the power steering got problem.
so it actually can settle the problem by 2 to 3 days but they just screw up everything.

So maybe under warranty is diff priority?

Who can enlighten me.

Kevin - is your car within warranty period? I like BMWs but I don't like PML. I think all these conti workshops are working over capacity with high turnover. So if car is out of warranty, I prefer to use an external workshop.

kevintan;1107263 said:
Yes, within ...

Then you should consider using Munich.

And it is not just PML - same goes for C&C. My car was in the w/s for six days to determine the cause of a battery failure; that amount of time to let me know that the power consumption is higher when I have my Blackvue camera on (via PowerMagic) than when it is disconnected (inconclusive on the cause of the failure).

Sigh

T6;1107264 said:
Then you should consider using Munich.

Friend, do you mean to say that if the car was bought from PML, and is under warranty, we can go to MA for warranty repairs?

Yup that's what I mean.

T6;1107327 said:
Yup that's what I mean.

Thank you, T6; that's good to know.
...and I suppose the service and knowledge at MA are much better.

Back