Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Finally - Rear Suspension Noise on M5 Addressed

Steel Blue

I hv been driving my car for some 20,000km over the last 9 months, and the rear suspension clunking noise is getting louder and irritating. Brought the car to MA and lucky me, they had a ratification "kit" available. Unfortunately down time would be a whole day, and I understand that they would be changing the rear suspension coils and the front suspension dampers too.

Cant wait to collect the car and test if I am rid of the clunking noise for good. *fingers crossed*

Re: Finally - Rear Suspension Noise on M5 Addressed

Steel Blue;996194 said:
I hv been driving my car for some 20,000km over the last 9 months, and the rear suspension clunking noise is getting louder and irritating. Brought the car to MA and lucky me, they had a ratification "kit" available. Unfortunately down time would be a whole day, and I understand that they would be changing the rear suspension coils and the front suspension dampers too.

Cant wait to collect the car and test if I am rid of the clunking noise for good. *fingers crossed*

U got lucky bro! I have to wait for the next batch of parts to arrive. Keep us posted!

Collected the car this evening from MA. Checked the work order sheet and confirmed that all 4 suspension points had a change of parts (coils and dampers). Drove the via Penjuru Road to West Coast highway and the suspension was silent over the uneven roads. Drove to Keppel Club for dinner, and on the way in, car was also silent over the 3 speed humps there. Drove home and encountered at least 6 speed humps along Queen Astrid Road Coronation Road etc, and the usual clunking sound is gone. I can sleep happy tonite.

Thanks to MA and BMW for finally getting a fix out to us.

Congrats ......

Steel Blue;996446 said:
Collected the car this evening from MA. Checked the work order sheet and confirmed that all 4 suspension points had a change of parts (coils and dampers). Drove the via Penjuru Road to West Coast highway and the suspension was silent over the uneven roads. Drove to Keppel Club for dinner, and on the way in, car was also silent over the 3 speed humps there. Drove home and encountered at least 6 speed humps along Queen Astrid Road Coronation Road etc, and the usual clunking sound is gone. I can sleep happy tonite.

Thanks to MA and BMW for finally getting a fix out to us.

Back