Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Film protection for front bumper/bonnet - where to get it pls

Rastaman

Hi bros, any one knows what the cost is and who can i call to get this plasctic film protection installed? Ive seen it on some cars like Porsche which i believe is to protect the front bumper/bonnet fm stone chips.

I'm sure someone in this forum must have done it before ! cheers

Re: Film protection for front bumper/bonnet - where to get it pls

Rastaman, i didn't install it but i think i may know where. let me confirm and get back to you.

cheers

most Porsche are done at K-gard, up-staris from Eurosports.

Guys, you can consider getting vinyl stickers from sticker manufacturers. search on yellow pages or maybe you can contact "subzero". He found a contact that sells some of these clear stickers. Sold by the sqm and can paste 2 layers for the critical areas like bonnet leading edges and bumber flat areas.

K-Guard ... upstairs @ the back @ eurosports (lamborghini showroom).

cost approx 2k

m3magic said:
most Porsche are done at K-gard, up-staris from Eurosports.

yup, that's the one i heard of.

but recently, i've heard of other shops who can do it too using the 3M film. workmanship is of unknown quality though. if it indeed costs 2000 to do for the front bumper, might as well respray right?

yo yo yo babes... told u that time already at K-gard... my dad paid abt 2K plus... u want me to call and find out for u ???..

Bros, those 3M vinyl stickers are about $20 per sqmtr. That is a very very big diff.

jus my 2cents worth

louis said:
if it indeed costs 2000 to do for the front bumper, might as well respray right?

yup ... cheaper to respray in the long run. use/track car for a year or more, then respray.

in any case, the film does not wrap around the edges, so u DO get a lot of paint chipping around the edges - e.g. lights and other exposed areas.

i've heard that in the US they now have films rolls of larger width, so it is possible to do a wrap around. tho whether they have it here, i do not know.

hope this helps.

louis said:
yup, that's the one i heard of.

but recently, i've heard of other shops who can do it too using the 3M film. workmanship is of unknown quality though. if it indeed costs 2000 to do for the front bumper, might as well respray right?

I recently installed the 3M vinyl sticky film on the front bonnet when I drive up the Malaysia. It's meant to protect against flying stone chips.

Many thanks to all yr replies.

Shaaz - i'll call them up but 2k really aint worth it for my bumper if it was a Porsche maybe a diff story.

Louis/Yendor - yeah ive heard something abt 3M too, think thats a better n cheaper alternative - any ideas where i can get that so-called sticker ??

Rastaman said:

Shaaz - i'll call them up but 2k really aint worth it for my bumper if it was a Porsche maybe a diff story.

Louis/Yendor - yeah ive heard something abt 3M too, think thats a better n cheaper alternative - any ideas where i can get that so-called sticker ??

i think it can be found at the same shop i bought my clear film from, in fact, i think its the same thing... can be found at blk 3004 ubi something something something. shop name is ISS Mart Products.

now finding someone who has the skills to stick it on is another ball game altogether.....

paging for "subzero"

louis said:
i think it can be found at the same shop i bought my clear film from, in fact, i think its the same thing... can be found at blk 3004 ubi something something something. shop name is ISS Mart Products.

now finding someone who has the skills to stick it on is another ball game altogether.....

I had my 3M film from the Shun Li Complex. at Ubi. It's the front row block and about 3-4 units on the left of the baby hyperstore. I think it's the same place which Louis mentioned.

The stickers is not DIY. You need the technician to do it for u. He has to take the time to clean the surface before sticking it on. It takes about 2 hours. Frankly, I don't see the need to put this film if you are driving in singapore. This film on the bonnet is visible. Therefore, aesthetically, it's not good esp if you love having the bonnet gleamed every now and then. Also, the front part of the bumper is not covered (in my case which i took the package). In my opion, the bumber is actually the real casualty of chip stones rather than the bonnet.

Trogen / Louis - Thanks for the location. yeah i think it will pain to put it on and yes it isnt for the bonnet. Its for my front bumper which im just taking precautions just in case if i have to get it done i'd know wher to go.

Rastaman said:

my dad paid 2k over for the lower bumper,front bonnet,side fender and side mirrors... if bumper alone i think my dad wld have laughed his ass off back to the car.... muaha

yendor said:
paging for "subzero"

Sorry for replying so late, just came back from overseas...

Yendor, how's the film for the lights coming along?

The film I bought is actually for signs, they come in many colors and sometimes may match the color of your ride. The shop I buy from is Teck Seng Enterprise 14 Kaki Bukit Place, Tel : 6742-8792. I actually bought some for the bumper and bonnet for the drive up north but did not attach them as I think it was too much of a hassle. The film is actually quite sticky and may result in bubbles if the area is big. Film is cheap at $6~$8 per meter for 1m/1.2m wide rolls.

aiyah.. no time to do... exhaust mods also never do still...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tylekeoocom
Back