Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

Re: Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

until u hear of how astons r serviced in singapore....

discom;341937 said:
Because it is a Nissan?

Can...priority goes to those that wear skirts and clean shaven legs :D

hahaha... if Mark wears a kilt he gets to ride first then...

totoseow;342112 said:
until u hear of how astons r serviced in singapore....

how are they serviced toto?

1 chief mech for the whole region....ASIA

3 other ka kias in the work shop. they just dun sell enough.

discom;341937 said:
Can...priority goes to those that wear skirts and clean shaven legs :D

I will wear skirts with clean shaven legs when the day comes k.. pls allow me to press that sapphire crystal and start the engine for u.... :D:D:D

babe;342171 said:
I will wear skirts with clean shaven legs when the day comes k.. pls allow me to press that sapphire crystal and start the engine for u.... :D:D:D

only the aston has the glass button hor...

discom;341937 said:
Because it is a Nissan?

Kidding...cos I already have something similar...and it is a Nissan :)

A fairlady?

Your point about the dream car is taken. But - do take a ride in one. This is quite unlike any Nissan (or any other car for that matter) that I have ever ridden/driven.

For your ferrari needs - why not consider the new Scud? Deliveries starting now so you might be able to see one at Hong Seh. The soundtrack is to die for.

I have driven both the DB9 and the V8 - and though the soundtrack is beautiful and the shape is mouth watering, the package - especially the drive - is not as sharp as the prancing horse. In fact the Maserate GranSport (based on the 4200 coupe) had a sharper ride - and the sport button caused the exhaust to shout like I have never ever heard again.

Get a scaglietti - not seen too many in Singapore. Will be less common than the stock 430 :) But dont get it in red - too common.

Oh, and I dont shave legs or wear a skirt, but can I get a taxi ride too?

totoseow;342191 said:
only the aston has the glass button hor...

But the glass button damn nice lor... not the lousy shiny plastic ah...
Sigh, my starter button even worse lor, black colour one.

timechaser;342201 said:
A fairlady?

Your point about the dream car is taken. But - do take a ride in one. This is quite unlike any Nissan (or any other car for that matter) that I have ever ridden/driven.

For your ferrari needs - why not consider the new Scud? Deliveries starting now so you might be able to see one at Hong Seh. The soundtrack is to die for.

I have driven both the DB9 and the V8 - and though the soundtrack is beautiful and the shape is mouth watering, the package - especially the drive - is not as sharp as the prancing horse. In fact the Maserate GranSport (based on the 4200 coupe) had a sharper ride - and the sport button caused the exhaust to shout like I have never ever heard again.

Get a scaglietti - not seen too many in Singapore. Will be less common than the stock 430 :) But dont get it in red - too common.

forget it...scud no longer on sale here...HSM returned some cheques already. think 8 612s in singapore...i know 2 on sale..one red, one blue. both 600k area for 2+ yrs

WHutttttttttt? what happen to the scud..sad eh

timechaser;342201 said:
A fairlady?

Not a fairlady, in the US it is called a G35 by Infinity. I will still keep this car for my power fix :D

I was actually interested in getting the GTR V-spec until I was told of the indicative price which is somewhere in the 400s :screwedu: I have driven the GTR and I agree with you, it is a very special car. I would buy it in a heartbeat and sell my current car if it came in a manual version. The GTR's gearbox just cannot handle the torque that I am used to.

After seeing the DBS in the flesh, the DB9 looks feminine :( And the exhaust note of the DBS sounds better too. But is the car 200k plus better than the DB9? That is something that is subjective, but to me, it is...

Still looking...still undecided...

*i also wan taxi ride*

i'd still vote for the Ferrari

a childhood dream car, driving one will make u feel like a kid reborn again.

how abt DB9 with mansory kit? hehe
post-969-1200148014.jpg

Ferrari and Lambo have been looks and sound thou

Discom, how did you bring a G35 into Singapore? Or are you staying in the US?

///M3, that's a damn cool DB9... whats the est damage for all the extras?

IMHO, DBS is a very nice looking car... inside and out. Only downside is that it is heavy and the engine does not put out enough power for a supercar... relative I guess.
The 599 or Mucie V12 much more butch, or even the 430 V8 or Lambo V10.

Anything can be a daily, It depends on you the driver.

430 & Gallardo are chain driven with no dreaded engine out job. I suppose the same for 612/599. They are built for daily use & eat miles far more than modern BMWs but too many people keep them as prized catch resulting in more wear on the rubbers, fluid etc. I took/take them for touring, tracking, supermarket, kopitiam, multi storey carparks & basically almost what you would do with your Toyota. But of course I plan the routes first & think of the parking.

Get them new or within warranty & you'll save some money when something goes wrong. Otherwise they have been quite reasonable to maintain. I did see all the F1s/E gears/SMG having failures @ some point resulting with the car being stucked & needs to be towed. This can be nasty in Malaysia.

My Lambos don't need anything more than oil top up & a service every 10K kms. 6 months oil servicing for 430s are usually about S$1-2K (same for Lambo) with the agents. I did a 12litre oil change on my old V12 for just S$250+/- with my 3rd party workshop.

Some people says that high mileage affects re-sale. Yes true that but I buy my car to drive & enjoy every minute of it. What's the point in dating a supermodel & not getting bedded? :D

discom;342575 said:
After seeing the DBS in the flesh, the DB9 looks feminine :( And the exhaust note of the DBS sounds better too. But is the car 200k plus better than the DB9? That is something that is subjective, but to me, it is...

Still looking...still undecided...

Bro, bro. you are very lucky. I have not seen the DBS in the flesh, but it looks really good on paper. But I hear a unit was sold for S$1.085million. Glurp....

DRV;342583 said:
Discom, how did you bring a G35 into Singapore? Or are you staying in the US?

///M3, that's a damn cool DB9... whats the est damage for all the extras?

IMHO, DBS is a very nice looking car... inside and out. Only downside is that it is heavy and the engine does not put out enough power for a supercar... relative I guess.
The 599 or Mucie V12 much more butch, or even the 430 V8 or Lambo V10.

I got my car through Garage R and in Asia, it is known as the Nissan Skyline 350GT.

I know what u mean about the power output of the Aston, it is not impressive at all. But I just like the overall package of the car as compared to a Lambo. I would love to own a Lambo, but not as a first "supercar".

NineEleven;342733 said:
Bro, bro. you are very lucky. I have not seen the DBS in the flesh, but it looks really good on paper. But I hear a unit was sold for S$1.085million. Glurp....

Latest quote I got from McCully was 1.015. Guess price came down a bit. There is one in their showroom now if you are interested in viewing it.

Thanks for all the info on the maintainence aspect. I am actually keen to get a manual...so maybe the gears will not be that problematic.

discom;342743 said:
Latest quote I got from McCully was 1.015. Guess price came down a bit. There is one in their showroom now if you are interested in viewing it.

Thanks for all the info on the maintainence aspect. I am actually keen to get a manual...so maybe the gears will not be that problematic.

No money & weak heart. So I won't want to see it. Yes, do go for a manual ( sadly some dealers will force you to take 'auto' ). I went for manual as well & enjoying every minute of it. None of the existing F1 one styles can do a smooth ride under any conditions as far as I tried.

Eg. some of them needs to be warmed up or the clutch/Gbox jerks embarassingly or dangerously! Some have their own mind about which revs to gear up or down. ( u have no control ) Some eat clutches very fast.

I must say I enjoy it on track as they can be very fast & convenient when you're busy on the phone or the chick next to you :laughlik:

But nothing as pure as manual with total control over how smooth you'd want it to be.

Good luck in your quest :woowooo:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back