Ferrari 456gta

peckhs

just being curious, are there any more 456GT or GTAs left on local shores??

and, does anyone knows whose the owner of the red 412 running around?? I know VRN used to be ST72*(can't be exactly sure..) and owned by a lady owner.. how many of these are left?? there's also a white one around, i think..

Re: Ferrari 456gta

every single one of them exported. No 456 will ever be available in spore. Paper value too high led to its death sentence.
412, you can ask around hsm for the owner, see if they wanna sell. Running costs will not be low even though you can very cheaply buy the car. Muffler may not clear many normal speed humps in singapore.

Racebred;441434 said:
every single one of them exported. No 456 will ever be available in spore. Paper value too high led to its death sentence.

that's a pity... but i guess it is not cost effective to own a 456gt in singapore, taking into consideration the tax structure and insurance premium nowadays..

Racebred;441434 said:
412, you can ask around hsm for the owner, see if they wanna sell. Running costs will not be low even though you can very cheaply buy the car. Muffler may not clear many normal speed humps in singapore.

i guess running cost is never low for ferraris, whether new or used. the tax alone is abt $8k per year i reckon.

your comment abt the muffler....have you owned one, or driven one previously? would appreciate your sharing any experience with the car

there's a nice red one here ---> Used Ferrari 412 Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart

used to know the previous lady owner, but have since lost her contact

this 412 looks nice. its the 3 speed auto. sorry i confused it with the earlier 400. Its the 400 that would have clearance problems. I did not own any, but researched a bit coz I was sort of interested some years back. a 512 looks good and affordable too (other than the rd tax)

Racebred;441587 said:
this 412 looks nice. its the 3 speed auto. sorry i confused it with the earlier 400. Its the 400 that would have clearance problems. I did not own any, but researched a bit coz I was sort of interested some years back. a 512 looks good and affordable too (other than the rd tax)

yup, that is a very nice 412. the lady spend quite a tidy sum making it so, but i think she sold it off not too long after...

512?? are you referring to the Testarossa?? the capacity is the same as the 412, so tax should be similar..

my old office at gateway west also had 1 white 412....very retro man

just saw a silver 412 at dempsey last week, vrn was also 412.

if i remember correctly, this unit is sometime at millenia walk too

classic but just abit too long for my liking....

don't know why, but i just love wedge shaped cars.... 412, espirit, countach, 850, f40...

seems there is more 412s running around than i thought. so now there's 3...

you might want to try your luck with the 308 and 328. Some of them are in absolutely beautiful condition. And definitely a lot nicer to drive than the 3 speed auto. Road tax not so siong too.

Racebred;442588 said:
you might want to try your luck with the 308 and 328. Some of them are in absolutely beautiful condition. And definitely a lot nicer to drive than the 3 speed auto. Road tax not so siong too.

You are right. I driven one before. Its ratio is so tall that 1st gear can reach 100kmh. Performance is quite disappointing from a 5L

Racebred;442588 said:

308 and 328 would be too raw for my wife. she would like to drive once in a while. yeah, the tax is what's held me back the previous time, and is a major point of consideration now also...

NTY;442610 said:
You are right. I driven one before. Its ratio is so tall that 1st gear can reach 100kmh. Performance is quite disappointing from a 5L

i think cos it's more of a grand tourer, the drive is supposed to be more relax. but, 100kmh on 1st?? that is really very high gearing.

412 is the cheapest ferrari in town i guess, so i wouldn't expect to compare it with the rest of the marque. but it still is a damn good ride... at least from what i've heard and read

Ahh. 412. I test drove the white one many years ago. It was a 1 owner car from new until my friend bought it. Almost concours with a dark red cabin. You wouldn't want anything to go wrong in there when u pop open the bonnet. It's a plumber's nightmare! This is a V12....& one from Ferrari.

This ex-lady owner is a friend of mine, unfortunately or either way she paid a fair bit for it to get the Ferrari experience then went ahead as usual to re-upholster the car & repainted it to "re-sale" red which I must admit that it looks better to me. This could be the blue one.

I've never heard of a 3rd silver one. That's news to me.

Anyway, it drives like a boat. Very heavy (by modern standard) & a queer interior, check out the 70s centre console but it has a very cool suspension system. It raises when u stop to alight & goes down for aerodynamics as you cruise along. Should be expensive & difficult to reinstate. U might just want to go aftermarket & better shocks.

Better show your wife 1st before u gift her. I'd consider the 850 as a better choice.

Another car to consider is the Mondial but the good deals are all gone now. There is a cabriolet version of this in town as well.

I had a chance to drive the Mondial cab during the early 90s. What a fantastic experience at the time. No power steering though -- a 3 point turn in a cul-de-sac became a 5 point turn!

There's a guy with a Mondial in my building who drives it to work every day. Seems pretty reliable, and still stunning, even if the F-car snobs don't rate it.

foxfrc5;457115 said:
I had a chance to drive the Mondial cab during the early 90s. What a fantastic experience at the time. No power steering though -- a 3 point turn in a cul-de-sac became a 5 point turn!

There's a guy with a Mondial in my building who drives it to work every day. Seems pretty reliable, and still stunning, even if the F-car snobs don't rate it.

What color & no is this? I kept records of almost all of em as I almost bought into either one @ one time. I tested the Cab few yrs back when it was in crappy condition & also the silver one. Actually my first Fcar experience was a red Mondial back in early 2000. Very much unloved but it sounds just like one & after a while you'll get used to it. It is actually very reliable & low on maintenance once it's sorted out. One of my friend had a 308 for 9 yrs as a daily & would often take it up to KL.

NineEleven;457197 said:
What color & no is this?
Rosso Corsa. :cool:

Originally "S" series number, which was retained when the first owner sold the car in the early to mid 90s.

haizzz..... so many cars i want to buy, but so little money :verysad:

my wife say i always use the money to buy cars, better to buy property instead..........

the ideal combi for me would be 3 cars,

one MPV or SUV which can sit 7 - maybe honda odyssey or chrysler grand voyager
one coupe - a porker(maybe 993) or old ferrari
one cabrio that can sit 4 - e30 cabrio or r107(tight at the back though)

my budget for the cars are only abt 200k, so it is kinda difficult to achieve, unless the market takes a sever downturn .... kekeke

IMHO the coupe and cabrio would serve the same purpose and provide the same utility i.e. you would drive this for pleasure. So you really only need 2 cars -- one family car and sometime more sporty. S$200k is plenty!

foxfrc5;459016 said:
IMHO the coupe and cabrio would serve the same purpose and provide the same utility i.e. you would drive this for pleasure. So you really only need 2 cars -- one family car and sometime more sporty. S$200k is plenty!

er, but i need a 4 seater cabrio....
an open porker doesn't accomadate 4 persons comfortably
combination is goona be like this -
MPV or SUV - permanently home, for wife to use
cabrio - used for weekends, cos my daughter loves open tops!! and she really miss the saabie
porker/old ferrrari - parked in office, used during office hours when i need to go meet clients and associates only

basically that's the game plan...

200k is actually not much.... MPV will cost abt 70k?? cabrio abt 50~80k, depending on what i'll be getting, and that leaves me with only 60~70k for the coupe.... so money not enough la... kekeke

but will work on changing the jap and getting the cabrio first... unless i find a very very very reasonably priced "coupe"....

Back