Features that I never knew

Re: Features that I never knew

i think workshop know how to disable that ... hehe

R335;603798 said:
After abt 1 month of drvg the car new, i start to realise my player can play DVD ... but too bad it come wif the safety feature. Now i start to watch show on the car while waitg for some1 or play MV while drvg. :thumbsup:

Je_taime;602631 said:
not too sure if this applies to all sound system in the bmw range...

if u "finger over" (without pressing the button of course) the 1 2 3 4 radio buttons, the idrive will show u a preview of the radio channel (e.g. frequency, name of the station etc), without interrupting the channel u r on...

;)

Thanks for sharing, tried and now my son eng eng touhc touch

adroit;582121 said:
Let me contribute, anyone knows about the extra 'click' in your accelerator pedal? After you floor it? Try it sometime....Haha. Make sure no car in front first.

This is good, tried just now on NSH while gear six, get shocked at 1st time, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... :lol:

but to confirm, it'll keep at that condition all the way if you continue floor? I've to let go after quite long distance.

Ultimatedriver;604291 said:
Wow that I will try. I can't imagine doing I spore.

but hor, the fuel distance drop from 488 to 317 within 30-50 km :errrrrrr:

Yes I would that for a few seconds only....the milage for mine will be real bad

iDrive;603457 said:
I did check there and for some reason, it isn't listed there. There are only 3 settings there if i recall - triple signal, timing for home coming and welcome home lights. No DRL settings :thinking:

Hi,

Mine has the triple signal and DRL function but not the home coming...what is this function and can i have it in idrive via s sofeware update?

Terras14;632400 said:
Hi,

Mine has the triple signal and DRL function but not the home coming...what is this function and can i have it in idrive via s sofeware update?

got the answer after reading the full thread...really informative...i gues dun really need it..haha

I have activate the DRL function in idrive but when i start my engine, nothing came out. I set my headlight to off. Any kind soul can advise?many thanks in advance.

anyone can tell me in order for DRL to be effective, which setting should i use for the headlight? Thanks

Without iDrive, can I set the DRL(Day Running Light) feature?

Thanks in advance.

For those without iDrive, you can set DRL (provided your ride is enabled) from the BC stalk. Mine is halogen headlights so even if I set DRL to on, nothing happens. Can anyone confirm if DRL for non-iDrive models works only for Bi-xenon ones?

pengful;634159 said:
For those without iDrive, you can set DRL (provided your ride is enabled) from the BC stalk. Mine is halogen headlights so even if I set DRL to on, nothing happens. Can anyone confirm if DRL for non-iDrive models works only for Bi-xenon ones?
DRL = Angel eye.

Bo Angel Eye, how to DRL?

I switch on Angel Eye whenever i need to drive 2F2F on NSH.

davidtch;634226 said:
DRL = Angel eye.

Bo Angel Eye, how to DRL?

I switch on Angel Eye whenever i need to drive 2F2F on NSH.

Thanks. No wonder nothing works. Now I have my retrofit DRL...:dance:

pengful;634291 said:
Thanks. No wonder nothing works. Now I have my retrofit DRL...:dance:
Pls don't do Audi-style DRL. It make the car unBMW. BMW DRL is always Angel Eye.

Terras14;633894 said:
anyone can tell me in order for DRL to be effective, which setting should i use for the headlight? Thanks

I enabled DRL in iDrive and with the headlight off (switch position at 0), the angle eye will be on when I start the engine. Hope it helps.

Beginner;636284 said:
I enabled DRL in iDrive and with the headlight off (switch position at 0), the angle eye will be on when I start the engine. Hope it helps.

Hmm...never thought of that ie. switch to "0" position. Thanks for the simple-but-often-overlook tip ;P

j

Hi guys,
FYI, the DRL can be activated w/o iDrive from the left steering wheel "on-board computer" handle. Press once to set-up, then to "lights" and scroll down to one that has the icon of a "sun+light"...have fun. I tried and it seems like I must switch light position to "0" for it to work. Switching to "3" or "Auto" does not work ie. when bright daylight, all head lights are switched off.

Contact me if you need a clearer explaination.

j

Sorry,
I just realized I can't put up a new thread/topic

Would like to enquire if it's possible to add in fold in side mirror and auto anti glare rear view mirror to my 318i?
Duno what version but I know car was registered in 2009
Preferably stock ones cos my car still under warranty from pml,and any idea what's the pricing?

Thanks for the kind help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back