Fc for 320i :(

ayushinx

Hello, have been wanting to ask and compare about the fc for the 320i. driving my mom's and i notice when i check the computer thingy at its 7.0km/litre. everytime she pump a full tank of caltex 98, it merely lasted 400km. Any help? I've tried to keep the rpm level down, it increase mileage just by a little. anything else i can do! Please advice. thank you!

Re: Fc for 320i :(

For me E90 323i, 15,000km old.

450-500 km travelled per top up (60litre)

If yours is so bad, it could be that you are on 50% City driving?

50% city driving means hitting a lot of traffic light in non high way? yeah, guess im doing quite a lot of that.. :mad:

if u have a lot of start-stop traffic in the city, fc is gonna to be bad. which is why sometimes it pays to get up the highway and take a slightly longer route to reach destination, provided highway is not CTE hahaha

keep the rpm down is not a good idea.

u should rev a bit more for low gears, make it go to 6th gear as soon as possible. travelling at 100kmh got the best FC

you will never have good fc in Singapore, not ever.

If you are worried, ride motorbike, fc great then, if not, enjoy driving in air con comfort, which by the way kills fc.

try moving off gently... don't step on it from stop. keeping low RPM at moving doesn't mean good FC. try monitor the consumption gauge, that 0-10-20 thingy below the RPM meter. try keeping the needle between 0-10 if poossible. cruising on highway, should stay between 5-10 when doing 90-110.

hitmee;243749 said:
keep the rpm down is not a good idea.

u should rev a bit more for low gears, make it go to 6th gear as soon as possible. travelling at 100kmh got the best FC

i always rev up until i change to top gear to go for 100km. but still......:( haha grrr...

acupunch;243794 said:
try moving off gently... don't step on it from stop. keeping low RPM at moving doesn't mean good FC. try monitor the consumption gauge, that 0-10-20 thingy below the RPM meter. try keeping the needle between 0-10 if poossible. cruising on highway, should stay between 5-10 when doing 90-110.

thankyou! i will take note. anyway whats the meter for? :S

phil;243787 said:
you will never have good fc in Singapore, not ever.

If you are worried, ride motorbike, fc great then, if not, enjoy driving in air con comfort, which by the way kills fc.

true..but haha they ban me from motorbikes. oh well. thank you :)

Thats the prob with city driving, n also why I always curse the TP for speed limits:lol2:

If u take yr car to Malaysia, u can get to KL/Genting in half a tank of petrol, at cheonging speed. This BMW seem to be more FC efficient the faster u drive.

So moral of story is : Cheong !:nehnehhh:

ayushinx;243822 said:
thankyou! i will take note. anyway whats the meter for? :S

its the fuel consumption gauge, run time consumption as u drive. u not thinkings its miliRPMs right?

i think the FC meter show base on accumulative range. I've reset it once, it goes all the way up to 11.2KM/L.... haven't done that for last 2months, it stays on 9.4KM/L

so maybe u try reset the counter, and monitor see if drops to low 7km/L

Ahbengdriver;243845 said:
Thats the prob with city driving, n also why I always curse the TP for speed limits:lol2:

If u take yr car to Malaysia, u can get to KL/Genting in half a tank of petrol, at cheonging speed. This BMW seem to be more FC efficient the faster u drive.

So moral of story is : Cheong !:nehnehhh:

Yes, absolutely true, even 4000-5000 rpm all the way back, the consumption remains the same. Being gentle to E90 doesnt pay......

that is for per trip. u need to reset it for every trip u want to measure. (i think so)'

i use the real time fuel consumption meter to control my right foot. hee hee
some times auto gear in 5th gear...i manually force it to 6th.. haa

satines;243881 said:
Yes, absolutely true, even 4000-5000 rpm all the way back, the consumption remains the same. Being gentle to E90 doesnt pay......

i think is wrong to say cheong helps in fuel consumption. is more like no diff. so must as well cheong!! :nehnehhh:

rev slowly doest help!

haha. i just see that thing and think its just another meter. :S
yeap, its cumulative.. but on average how much does 1 full tank of yours last? :)

last time i on E46 318, same engine block as E90 320, i can hit 550km consistently. with exhuast and CAI Mod. but after i change to 19inches, dropped to 500km/tank.

ur car should hit 550km easily.

550. thats like 100km more ... grr. think should i do the exhuast and CAI Mod ? :|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back