F8x M3/M4

Re: F8x M3/M4

Ahbengdriver;1097407 said:
thx for sharing this video, both great cars. The MACAN is a kick arse SUV. It wasn't far off the M3.

I should not be too surprised actually as I have test driven both. Macan really does drive very well for a SUV. Handles and steers very well. Just that when u go pedal to the metal, it lacks fireworks. It could certainly do with an additional 30 bhp for that money.

Speaking of CCB, I hv them on my 911 Turbo and they dont screech even in city driving. Pls do check if there are particles / debris lodge bet the callipers and the disc

Steel Blue;1097567 said:
Speaking of CCB, I hv them on my 911 Turbo and they dont screech even in city driving. Pls do check if there are particles / debris lodge bet the callipers and the disc

U have a very heavy foot my man :D U could be right though. I have tried jetting the calipers with water and it does seem to ease the problem some what, but not eradicate.

Ok I will try some heavy duty spraying of the brakes.

Unsurprising given the huge weight difference and Macan's cd. The Macan still is the best driving SUV!

clar;1097382 said:
Having toyed at the idea of getting the Macan Turbo, this video makes the idea look silly even though I am not the biggest proponent of straight line speed.

Macan Turbo vs F80 M3 - Evo Drag Battle

It's not funny how badly the M3 raped the Macan Turbo...

I found an even more interesting video for the m3/4.

[video=youtube;scXXhmknySA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scXXhmknySA[/video]

The huge amount of torque of the m3/4 will take some getting used to.

Saw that video some while back. Very nice indeed! The current gen M3/M4 has certainly closed the gap to the base 911. Come 991.2, the gap should widen again when the 911 receives the GT3's rear wheel steer. Gotta respect the 911 even though I have never been a big fan.

Looking at the ETA date on your speciale makes me drooool. It must be on its way very soon already? I saw a yellow one in the flesh when i was in Shanghai a few weeks ago and it is soooo beautiful.

Do you plan to track it? :p

clar;1097661 said:
Saw that video some while back. Very nice indeed! The current gen M3/M4 has certainly closed the gap to the base 911. Come 991.2, the gap should widen again when the 911 receives the GT3's rear wheel steer. Gotta respect the 911 even though I have never been a big fan.

helbreath;1097664 said:
Looking at the ETA date on your speciale makes me drooool. It must be on its way very soon already? I saw a yellow one in the flesh when i was in Shanghai a few weeks ago and it is soooo beautiful.

Do you plan to track it? :p

The car is already here. 1.5 months earlier. I saw it at Ital and will now need to secure a COE next month :) Yes, i plan to track it, but prob not at Sepang. It's way too far for my liking. Will wait for the new track coming up at Iskandar.

clar;1097668 said:
The car is already here. 1.5 months earlier. I saw it at Ital and will now need to secure a COE next month :) Yes, i plan to track it, but prob not at Sepang. It's way too far for my liking. Will wait for the new track coming up at Iskandar.

There are private track days at Sepang, and there are usually no more than 15 cars in total, nice and exclusive. Cmon Clar, make a trip there so that I can view the Speciale in its full glory! Cant help but feel your anticipation as the delivery nears.

Steel Blue;1097669 said:
There are private track days at Sepang, and there are usually no more than 15 cars in total, nice and exclusive. Cmon Clar, make a trip there so that I can view the Speciale in its full glory! Cant help but feel your anticipation as the delivery nears.

The drive to Sepang and back has always been what puts me off. It's too much effort for my fat ass I'm afraid, but u never know. The itch might overwhelm my resistance :p

clar;1097670 said:
The drive to Sepang and back has always been what puts me off. It's too much effort for my fat ass I'm afraid, but u never know. The itch might overwhelm my resistance :p

Best way not to find the drive a chore is to stay one night in Msia before heading back.

The track in Iskandar wont be ready anytime soon right?

Please let me know if you are attending one of the TDs end of the year. I will love to join you.

clar;1097670 said:

Steel Blue;1097669 said:

clar;1097668 said:

Sure thing! I believe it will be ready in 2016.

helbreath;1097727 said:
The track in Iskandar wont be ready anytime soon right?

Please let me know if you are attending one of the TDs end of the year. I will love to join you.

Was at MA this morning for M5 servicing and saw this horror sight of a white M4 with its left fender area all smashed up :( Pains me just looking at it. It's such a new car. Hope nobody was hurt in it...

clar;1100889 said:
Was at MA this morning for M5 servicing and saw this horror sight of a white M4 with its left fender area all smashed up :( Pains me just looking at it. It's such a new car. Hope nobody was hurt in it...
it dangerous to push rear wheel drive cars when it raining esp those with huge torque.

waynechew;1111088 said:
Is the new m3/m4 good? Seldom see it on the road.
I see the new M3 every day. Managed to chat up with the owner one day and he said it lacked that high screeming rpm satisfaction compared to his previous M3. Its incredibly fast though.

LimPeh;1111093 said:
I see the new M3 every day. Managed to chat up with the owner one day and he said it lacked that high screeming rpm satisfaction compared to his previous M3. Its incredibly fast though.

Find that it too torque for me and it lost it elegant..

waynechew;1111088 said:
Is the new m3/m4 good? Seldom see it on the road.
There's quite a few on the roads these days but very quiet car even with Akra exhaust :shhhh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxb9236
Back