Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

F8x M3/M4

clar

Anybody collected the car yet? Reviews please!!!

Re: F8x M3/M4

BMWM3;1087751 said:
Delivered in July 2014.

Nice! M3 or M4? Remember to post a review after collection! :)

i hope to get my M3 by last week of June under the first batch. Already tested both the M3 and M4 in Turkey. My view is that the M3 is a more comfy street car and the M4 is a better track car. M4 appears a bit more planted with more apparent engine and exhaust note. overalll both are very nice packages. i know of at least one who preferred the M3 over the M4 after the test drive although he had already ordered the latter.

T6;1087764 said:
i hope to get my M3 by last week of June under the first batch. Already tested both the M3 and M4 in Turkey. My view is that the M3 is a more comfy street car and the M4 is a better track car. M4 appears a bit more planted with more apparent engine and exhaust note. overalll both are very nice packages. i know of at least one who preferred the M3 over the M4 after the test drive although he had already ordered the latter.

Nice, Andy! I was toying with the idea of trading in my M5 for the new M3, but trade-in value is rock bottom these days, so I guess I will be observing from the sidelines for now. I hope I can grow another kidney to sell to get the M4 when the comp pack arrives next year!

clar;1087925 said:
Nice, Andy! I was toying with the idea of trading in my M5 for the new M3, but trade-in value is rock bottom these days, so I guess I will be observing from the sidelines for now. I hope I can grow another kidney to sell to get the M4 when the comp pack arrives next year!

M5 resale has unfortunately taken a real beating. Many owners seem to be prepared to take a hit. Even a less that 2 year old Munich 1 owner unit is less than $350k.

T6;1087943 said:
M5 resale has unfortunately taken a real beating. Many owners seem to be prepared to take a hit. Even a less that 2 year old Munich 1 owner unit is less than $350k.

Makes me wonder why people are doing that? Is it that they are cash strapped or that the car genuinely has shit resale value? Hopefully, things stabilize a bit in subsequent years.

clar;1087969 said:
Makes me wonder why people are doing that? Is it that they are cash strapped or that the car genuinely has shit resale value? Hopefully, things stabilize a bit in subsequent years.

Not necessary. I know of a couple who simply want to change car. One has gone for a M4.

T6;1087973 said:
Not necessary. I know of a couple who simply want to change car. One has gone for a M4.

Now that I have calmed down and back side not too itchy, I am reluctant to swap my M5 for the M3. There is just something abt the M5 that still wows me. I find that a M4 along with the M5 goes really well together. My only complain is that the M4 does not have the sexy broad hip that is unique to the M3. The M4 looks almost too tame in comparison. The front bumper is also a bit messy visually for both cars, but i can live with that. Things will get really interesting next year when the M2 is launched, but we already know it will be heavily leashed to prevent it shitting on M3/M4 turf. It will prob have a great chassis and lots of fun, but weaker in the engine dept just like the 1M.

Yup, tell me about it... M5 resale prices are bad now unfortunately. But I still think there are not many alternatives in the market, power, oomph and loads of space for a family of 4. Anyway, very little driving time in the M5 now as my DD is another car..... managed to cover 22,000km in 10 months as well. I love driving that car!

I was backside itchy too, nearly traded in my M5 for the new M4 cab. the deal nearly went thru and when I told my wife need to hand in our M5 immediately if deals go thru. I can see her eyes turn red lolz. she told me, our children and her have grown attached to the M5 due to the comfort. Maybe it was a blessing deal never went thru haha

Tested the M4 coupe yesterday, great car rev like no tomorrow. handles extremely well and give you a lot of confident in pushing to the limits. Only not as brutal as the M5 which I cant live without. enjoy the M4 and M3 guys it a great car.

u shd have gotten the M4 cab and then buy Toyota Estima MPV. Ur kids will not wanna take ur BMW anymore

tested the M4 with my bunch of hiadees from RedHill Axx Kxxx gang also.

Looks - Gorgeous. The M4 looks huge and wide. Exterior appearance is sporty and aggressive. Approaches a 6 series look/size in my view but definitely a head turner when parked anywhere.

Noise - This is something which I cannot quite accept at the moment - the enhanced engine noise. Car is too loud for the rear seat passengers when driven in race mode to the extend that it almost becomes unbearable. For the driver n front passenger the noise level is more acceptable(still a tad too loud to me) so I suspect the noise is induced by the rear speakers? In comfort mode, the car is much lesser responsive and noise is more subdued and more acceptable but still quite loud, probably just nice for daily driving. Very similar to a tuned e92 335. Am not sure if one needs a hifi system in the M4 for such reason.

Ok then there is its tone. A I-6 TT engine but it sounds like a "V8". mmmm I am not sure if I can live with it if I own one. I would have prefer it to have a more natural engine noise overall.

But then I was told the enhanced acoustics can be deleted, some have done this in the USA on their M5s to make the car sound more natural.

Road compliance - Maybe the roads where the test drive took place were bad but there isn't a lot of comfort in comfort mode. In fact it is quite harsh in race mode. I was told this car can be ordered in 18 inch wheels, so maybe that's a better setup for comfort reasons. I keep saying comfort because this is suppose to be a daily drive sports car?

Interior - seats are nice, hugs the body well(ok maybe I am big so I feel 'planted' inside). Steering very nicely tuned, I was told the test car has active steering...bravo.

Acceleration - the test road was too short in my view to fully see how the car will perform but in those few short straight strectches, it did rev and roar pretty fiercely.

Overall. Like the looks, inside and outside. Don't like the sound, and slightly don't like the comfort level.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;1088649 said:
u shd have gotten the M4 cab and then buy Toyota Estima MPV. Ur kids will not wanna take ur BMW anymore
I doubt so bro, my kids love the rear seats entertainment in the current M5. I detest the ride height of MPV cannot get myself to buy one.

The plan was to change my wife's mini cooper S cab to the CLA45 but the ride was too harsh for daily drive and the rear seats only cover half our butts it was so uncomfortable. It was really close, I even brought my cheque bk down ready to sign. But the last test drive killed it haha. So my plan to change my M5 to the M4 cab was gonez.

New plan is to keep my beloved M5 and change the mini to M235 cab coming end of the year. keeping my finger cross that M235 cab is going to be good.

Ahbengdriver;1088711 said:
tested the M4 with my bunch of hiadees from RedHill Axx Kxxx gang also.

Looks - Gorgeous. The M4 looks huge and wide. Exterior appearance is sporty and aggressive. Approaches a 6 series look/size in my view but definitely a head turner when parked anywhere.

Noise - This is something which I cannot quite accept at the moment - the enhanced engine noise. Car is too loud for the rear seat passengers when driven in race mode to the extend that it almost becomes unbearable. For the driver n front passenger the noise level is more acceptable(still a tad too loud to me) so I suspect the noise is induced by the rear speakers? In comfort mode, the car is much lesser responsive and noise is more subdued and more acceptable but still quite loud, probably just nice for daily driving. Very similar to a tuned e92 335. Am not sure if one needs a hifi system in the M4 for such reason.

Ok then there is its tone. A I-6 TT engine but it sounds like a "V8". mmmm I am not sure if I can live with it if I own one. I would have prefer it to have a more natural engine noise overall.

But then I was told the enhanced acoustics can be deleted, some have done this in the USA on their M5s to make the car sound more natural.

Road compliance - Maybe the roads where the test drive took place were bad but there isn't a lot of comfort in comfort mode. In fact it is quite harsh in race mode. I was told this car can be ordered in 18 inch wheels, so maybe that's a better setup for comfort reasons. I keep saying comfort because this is suppose to be a daily drive sports car?

Interior - seats are nice, hugs the body well(ok maybe I am big so I feel 'planted' inside). Steering very nicely tuned, I was told the test car has active steering...bravo.

Acceleration - the test road was too short in my view to fully see how the car will perform but in those few short straight strectches, it did rev and roar pretty fiercely.

Overall. Like the looks, inside and outside. Don't like the sound, and slightly don't like the comfort level.

Ah Beng,

I have driven both the M3/4. The M3 is quieter in my opinion.

Actually good idea to go minimalist. Delete sunroof, delete auto aircon, delete iDrive, delete adaptive suspension, delete comfort access, delete auto transmission, delete electric seats etc makes a better M car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back