Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

f10 warm,up

V-Tec Asia

Early morning, When startup our f10 need to warm up or can start and go? Previous car not BMW I did warm up and drive smooth till I sold the car. Pls advise

Re: f10 warm,up

Hmm.. if you could faithfully do that to your last ride everyday.. why is that a need to ask for f10 ler? Just curious..

f10 warm,up

BMW recommends not warming up stationary rather start and move off immediately but use low engine speeds until oil temp rises to the normal operating range.

Info is in the manuals

for me i kiasu, i'll juz wait for the RPM to drop till appro 600-800 rpm then i move off. I did the same in my previous ride too.....

I, personally like to warm up my car, at least for 2,3 minutes...I find that it drive smoother and accelerates better than a cold drive off...

fatedz;892209 said:
Early morning, When startup our f10 need to warm up or can start and go? Previous car not BMW I did warm up and drive smooth till I sold the car. Pls advise

I noticed for BMW, unless your engine really cold and left sitting for more than 8 hours, whenever u start, the engine will run smooth and will not have autochoke or idling rpm will be less than 1000rpm. So in the morning, when your car has been sitting for more than 8 hours, U start and the autochoke or higher idling rpm comes on, let it settle down abit, slightly below 1000rpm then u can drive off. Usually takes less than a minute.

If immediatey drive off, I find the gear refuses to shift or need to go higher rpm before it is willing to shift. So i let it settle down in under a minute then I slowy drive off.

delrosa81;892373 said:
I noticed for BMW, unless your engine really cold and left sitting for more than 8 hours, whenever u start, the engine will run smooth and will not have autochoke or idling rpm will be less than 1000rpm. So in the morning, when your car has been sitting for more than 8 hours, U start and the autochoke or higher idling rpm comes on, let it settle down abit, slightly below 1000rpm then u can drive off. Usually takes less than a minute.

If immediatey drive off, I find the gear refuses to shift or need to go higher rpm before it is willing to shift. So i let it settle down in under a minute then I slowy drive off.

Hear Hear....same for me too!

:)

f10 warm,up

Yep, been doing this for all my rides and engine has been good. I'll let rpm drop to normal idling before moving off. It will be a lot smoother.

340driver;892544 said:
Why would the manufacturer then advise the opposite? I tend to start up and drive immediately with no observable rough running at all.

View attachment 41369

So that they get repeat business for car parts and/or entire cars?! (It is a known fact that some manufacturers actually proof test their equipments to exact the points of failure so that they do not cannibalise their own future earnings/projected revenues - after warranty periods of course).

I think warming up the engine is one part. Getting the transmission, etc all warmed up is also required, hence the advise to just drive off slowly. Just let the oil move around all the parts. But usually by the time I reach office the engine JUST warmed up (Bukit Panjang - BKE - PIE - Lornie - Queensway - Bt Merah). That's how long it takes to warm the engine. You'll have to leave your engine sitting for at least 30 mins to get the oil temps up.

340driver;892544 said:
Why would the manufacturer then advise the opposite? I tend to start up and drive immediately with no observable rough running at all.

View attachment 41369

Actually it does not do much harm if you drive off immediately. Its better for emissions because the catalytic converters would warm up faster and do its job if it reaches its operating temperature asap. Just that some of us prefer to let the rpm settle down before moving off as the gears would change up much lower down the rpm range.

No right or wrong, rather its a matter of personal preference.

delrosa81;892373 said:

thanks bro nice advise & to other bro here =)

Back