F10 - Problems ??

MYSTIC

please kindly list if you had any similar or problems with the F10 ...

I start....

1. Auto boot - cannot open or also opens when doors are unlocked
2. a perceptible "clunk" (like the M3 SMG gear changes) when kicked down

Re: F10 - Problems ??

I just got mine not long ago... I feel that there is abit of jerking when gear changes.

From what I can see, not many problems with the F10...maybe coz still not many on the road??

I seem to have this problem where sometimes, after driving through a puddle of water or driving in the rain, if i were to press on the brakes, the car would vibrate for a minute or so as if the brakes were still gripping. Sent the car in to PML to rectify before but they found no problem.

However, when I sent it in , i didn't mention to them that it happens whenever i drive through a puddle of water or drive in the rain.

WIll have to send the car in again to get the problem rectified.

Does any of you notice that the windscreen water tank drinks lots of water. Everytime when I top up petrol once every four day, the same uncle will help me fill my water for windscreen. Even without using, I need at least 1 litre of water, is this normal? Evaporation?

glntan;617824 said:
Does any of you notice that the windscreen water tank drinks lots of water. Everytime when I top up petrol once every four day, the same uncle will help me fill my water for windscreen. Even without using, I need at least 1 litre of water, is this normal? Evaporation?

I guess so... because the engine of the car is quite hot as compared to other cars...

glntan;617824 said:

You might want to entertain another thought perhaps? Like a leak?

peacockbass;620609 said:
You might want to entertain another thought perhaps? Like a leak?

Checked the floor lots of time in the morning before going to work, don't see any leak. Are any of you with f10 having the same problem?
If I am the only here having this problem, will get PML to check.

u top up petrol every 4 days? wow, how much do u drive a week and what is ur FC?

glntan;617824 said:

Staying at punggol working at far west-Tuas. Job nature must visit town almost everyday. FC about 9.2km/litre with average speed of 42. What about yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

for bmw you won't see anything on the floor because there's a pan right under the engine bay. it's for aerodynamics. u need to pop your hood and get a torch ready.

Had only topped up the windscreen tank once (when the warning message come out) and no problem since the car was collected about 5 months plus ago.

I have only topped up the windscreen wash fluid during the service intervals with PML and have not needed to top up otherwise.

9.2km/L is ok i assume u driving 2.5L version? My e92 is 2.5L too but i get only 7km/L n my car is more than a yr old so i dunno why....n like u i do mostly city driving but somehow u get better mileage for a newer car.

Usually FC of brand new BMs are very bad and improve as the engine loosens up....

glntan;620622 said:
Staying at punggol working at far west-Tuas. Job nature must visit town almost everyday. FC about 9.2km/litre with average speed of 32. What about yours?

Yes - have to top up washer fluid every 3 days - which is very unusual ( half to 3/4 litre )

Something is definitely not right.

MYSTIC;620787 said:
Yes - have to top up washer fluid every 3 days - which is very unusual ( half to 3/4 litre )

Something is definitely not right.
Are you sure washer fluid is full?

I think it's possible your wiper fluid pump is leaking.

My one year old E60 was like this until I sorted it out at PML.

Yes - made sure it was full (let it stand for 3 mins before closing the filler cap).

Will bring it in next week and they jolly well sort that out.

Nightwind;620739 said:
9.2km/L is ok i assume u driving 2.5L version? My e92 is 2.5L too but i get only 7km/L n my car is more than a yr old so i dunno why....n like u i do mostly city driving but somehow u get better mileage for a newer car.

Usually FC of brand new BMs are very bad and improve as the engine loosens up....

Hi

If glntan stays in punggol and work in Tuas. and he travels from Tuas to City, and from City back to punggol, chances are quite a bit of hisdriving is still ont he highway.

That is the only reason i can think off as to why his FC is so low.

if it helps... my E83, mostly city, i am getting a 6.5 to 7 km/litre... probably 70% city. Once in a while i hit the highway. my office is in orchard road... so its jammy all the way to work and back from work.

Back