F10 520 insurance renewal premium went to up $10K ???

Re: F10 520 insurance renewal premium went to up $10K ???

MW;945259 said:
Did u try DirectAsia online?

or Aviva Online?

Maybe can get better quotes..

10k is ridiculous

Heard that car has to be original stock condition to insure with DirectAsia online or Aviva online.
Even rims change is not allowed and will void claims.

ferri;944966 said:
Today, I got a shock of my life when my insurance company quoted $10k for the upcoming renewal for the insurance when I only paid $1,700 for the purchase of the new car last year.

Lately, did any one of you encountered an increase in premium for the insurance renewal? For my case, my premium was increased by 500%.

Do share your experiences, if any.

Thank you.

Try to get quote from SGCARMART to compare.. pretty quick next day response.

Lorinser;945269 said:
Heard that car has to be original stock condition to insure with DirectAsia online or Aviva online.

No lah, they follow LTA regulations and as long as the mods are allowed or approved by LTA, you can insure with them.

MW;945274 said:
No lah, they follow LTA regulations and as long as the mods are allowed or approved by LTA, you can insure with them.

LTA approved or legal mods.............. Insurance company can still dun pay unless you declare it before buying the insurance....

1 example.... LTA legal certified exhaust if you dun declare... tio flood.. Ins company will say becoz exhaust tua kee so water enter easily.........

My Ins Agent who drives a Maser told me 1......... :silenced:

milk15;945948 said:
LTA approved or legal mods.............. Insurance company can still dun pay unless you declare it before buying the insurance....

1 example.... LTA legal certified exhaust if you dun declare... tio flood.. Ins company will say becoz exhaust tua kee so water enter easily.........

So the more you declare the higher the price go up?

Lorinser;945269 said:

Some allowed LTA approve mod, e.g. exhaust

Aviva allow rim change subject to manufacturer approve size. If tyre/rim size is not recommended (think Jap car), void. Luckily BMW approve a range of rim sizes with their respective tyre sizes.

time to invest in BMW advance driver course and BMW intensive driver course.
your driving skills are your last line of defense.insurance is just for paper work.

Double check your proposal .... e.g. someone I know actually was 25 years old for 5 years in a row ....

And switch insurer .....

milk15;945948 said:

Did he also tell u his exos lao hong one? No need flood water also can enter easily?

The car insurance industry is a closed and heavily regulated one. They have only one goal: to provide insurance and make money out of it. And they have a captive audience because every driver has to be insured and they have no qualms in denying insurance to anyone.

clamsgp;947641 said:
The car insurance industry is a closed and heavily regulated one. They have only one goal: to provide insurance and make money out of it. And they have a captive audience because every driver has to be insured and they have no qualms in denying insurance to anyone.

I can swear my life on that!

Try Tokyo marine. May be they can help. Or call a-assurance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back