F1 Pictures and Videos from Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi

satinGHOST|r!der

Legendary 10 Years
I was actually in Dubai for some work 2 days ago with my clients for some closing and wanted to get some tickets for the F1 because the timing was just right. Everywhere was sold out but last minute my client managed to get some tickets for me through his contacts who would not be able to make it. I just finished seeing the F1 here in Abu Dhabi and my god, the track is awesome. No way can you even compare Singapore to this track. Its much more comfortable to overtake and plan the lines. All the yachts owned by owners had a very pretty view of the F1 and the best thing is that they dont have to pay anything because the Yas Yacht Club is private property. The perks of owning a luxury yacht!!! I love this track and the architecture. Everything was so well planned as with the logistics for all the spectators.

Tomorrow is the finals and I will hopefully get better pics.

Qualifying Race

Qualifying
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHVDrVKKt4[/ame]

Qualifying Finals
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z02UC34GcBw[/ame]
dscn2760.jpg

dscn2763.jpg

dscn2765f.jpg

dscn2779k.jpg

dscn2783s.jpg

dscn2784.jpg

dscn2785d.jpg

dscn2786.jpg

dscn2787b.jpg

dscn2789e.jpg

dscn2792i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: F1 Pictures and Videos from Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi

Continued...

dscn2810z.jpg

dscn2811.jpg

dscn2813k.jpg

dscn2815.jpg

dscn2817ko.jpg

dscn2820.jpg

dscn2825.jpg

dscn2834v.jpg

dscn2837c.jpg

dscn2838.jpg

Ok these last 2 photos were taken accidentally due to my shock as I don't like these kinda things and it also marks the end of the Qualifying today. I thought I post these for MW and Kentonna. Thoughtful.

dscn2747z.jpg

dscn2751.jpg

Final Race

SLS AMG Safety Car After Schumi's Crash!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQjmNiy1R4[/ame]

Last Few Final Laps Of the Finals
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djh7Ao5V1Pc[/ame]

dscn2859t.jpg

dscn2886.jpg

dscn2895.jpg

dscn2897b.jpg

dscn2898.jpg

dscn2899.jpg

dscn2901o.jpg

Aston Cup Car..Looks Mean...
dscn2911q.jpg

Ferrari World Pics

Basically the biggest and only Ferrari Theme Park in the world. The rides are all fast and adrenalin pumping but did not have the time to check it out as it was too close to the race which started at 5pm local Abu Dhabi Time.

dscn2731.jpg

dscn2733w.jpg

dscn2735.jpg

dscn2737a.jpg

dscn2739z.jpg

Atlantis Hotel, Palm Jumeria

Basically the hotel I stayed at and it is definitely the best 5-star hotel I have stayed at. The Burg Arab Hotel is a 7-star hotel and that is starting at minimum 5k USD per night for the Normal rooms and like 40k USD per night for the Presidential Suites. YIKESS!!!

dscn2584.jpg

dscn2565u.jpg

dscn2574t.jpg

dscn2577m.jpg

dscn2583.jpg

dscn2589.jpg

dscn2590.jpg

dscn2591h.jpg

dscn2593v.jpg

dscn2594.jpg

dscn2604j.jpg

dscn2606.jpg

dscn2620t.jpg

Burj Al Arab- 7-star Hotel aka Wallet Death

dscn2699o.jpg

dscn2701.jpg

Burj Al Khalifa - Tallest Building in the World.

Wanted to go to the top but it was all sold out the tickets. A few people who came out felt sick cause of the sheer height. Some described the view as magnificent and one particular guy said at that height, you can actually see the curvature of the UAE into the Horizons. Amazing! There are some other shots of the Designer Brands in the malls adjoining the Burj Al Khlaifa and even had Designer Brand Cafes! Well as an indication, a designer coffee price starts at USD25. Needless to say, its filled with alot rich Emiratis. Hardly see much tourists in the cafe. Hahahaha..

dscn2702.jpg

dscn2703t.jpg

dscn2705.jpg

dscn2709x.jpg

dscn2711r.jpg

dscn2714.jpg

dscn2718t.jpg

dscn2721z.jpg

dscn2722p.jpg

dscn2725s.jpg

dscn2727k.jpg

damn those super yacht are the size of a cruise! sick..

thanks for sharing..now post some pics of the burj dubai!!

The center grass patch looks like kranji turf club to me, saw alot of babes too....

SWEE.....!

nice cheeky shots ;)

awesome shots man, Abu Dhabi looks hella glam

RaidenGear;591018 said:
nice cheeky shots ;)

awesome shots man, Abu Dhabi looks hella glam

Yeah man Abu Dhabi and Dubai has changed alot from the last time I came.
I have more pics and videos for the final race that I will post shortly. F1 seems alot more exciting than Singapore at Yas Marina. More sensation seeing so many opportunities for mistakes and overtakings. That's what F1 should be!

Great shots, I was watching it on TV last night and the track looks unreal..great track and ambience!

I need to get me one of the Yachts... Or get me aboard one of them at least ;-)

whahahahaha Ken nice butt !... MW sibei good taste!

dscn2751.jpg

that blue n white yacht looks like designed by Feadship?!?!

The circuit does look nice! Too bad overtaking was in short supply on Race Day :(

Edit: how about some Ferrari World pics?

All Pics of Ferrari World and others have now been uploaded including the Final Race.

dscn2702.jpg

EPIC ....just epic

^^

Wouldn't be surprised that one day it launches into space

As I was watching the race, I kept thinking of how beautifully constructed this track is. Such a masterpiece. I cannot think of any other track that comes a close 2nd to the beauty of this track. I was once pretty awed by the Shanghai circuit some years back when it was new. But when this came out, my goodness...

How to compare to singapore? Singapore's one of the ugliest track, with grey concrete walls on both sides, throughout the 5km. Grey grey grey grey grey grey, drab drab drab, it's actually quite depressing to see so much grey concrete all around you. When night comes, you cannot see the skyline. I'd say the singapore race is a beautiful track for the support races in the afternoon only.

Yup I agree with you Shawn. The Singapore Race at night looks so dull compared to the one in Yas Marina. The vibrant foliage of the Yas Marina Yachts and the Yas Marina Circuit creates a visual and audio aura. It is also a lot bigger from the spectators grandstand where you have much more to see than Singapore. I went for the Singapore F1 the first year and I did not return back every year because it was more exciting to see it at home or at a hangout with friends.

This track on the other hand, is a place I would come every year if I had the chance. It definitely is well worth the money. The grandstand tickets are like 1,600 Dirhams which is like $567. I think the Singapore Tickets retails for far more for far less.

damn..we need to step up our game!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back