Exhaust - trouble

altreality

When I sent my car for insp at Vicom.. first thing they did was to ask for my papers.. these included the specs for the exhaust (to show that it is suitable for your car) the letters/receipt from Kingcrimson and the installers...

i think it is most important to have the specs paper....
they also need kingcrimson's letter to confirm that it is one of those approved by LTA (in general)

anyway, I think it cannot hurt if you insist that they inspect it and confirm that it complies with all regulations (noise and emissions)...if it passes their inpection - should be ok...but not sure if they wil issue a cert to you.

Actually- why not get the dealer to sort it out for you ? They would have ways of doing it...even if change back to original - its still their problem...

there are tonnes of the 318 exhausts all over so it wil be cheap

since kingcrimson is more interested in selling you yet another exhaust, you should go to your dealer and tell them if they cannot find you the cert or get a new cert for you, they should revert back to stock exhaust for you, if not you go to case.

Am not sure this constitues a matter that CASE would intervene....unless you can find that there is soem form of misrepretation re: exhaust.

Oneheadlight,
Have you tried calling FongKim? They are also the authorised dealer for REMUS.
Gd Luck dude

Update on whats happened today....

i called Vicom, helpful lady say i should consult LTA.

I called LTA, irritatin officer says i need get the cert, then go for test.
so i asked if without the cert, will Vicom test ? HE said unlikely, but i went on insisting that the key issue is whether it is within emission standards. HE couldnt commit, typical of....

Then I called the dealer. She still insist its legal, so i insisted that she show me the cert. She claimed that she has found out the installer, some Leong Hin tyres of something, which i dunno whether is approved. Anyway, she seems so sure the matter will be sort out.

I will most likely asked for the original to be installed at their own costs, if i cant sort this matter out. I did think of going to Case, as i believe there's misrepresentation cos she did mention to me its legal before i buy. But this will be the last resort. I think the dealer has more to lose, cos without wantin to mention names...they are approved by PML... Their whole business depends on it. Hopefully, we can reach a amicable solution.

i've spoken to Vicom again...i think i m very surprised how helpful and professional they are. vicom will do the test for me, to make sure it falls within the law. But the guy said it may nt be good enough, or to use his words , i may "run into complications" cos traffic police only see the cert by the manufacturer. But he say i will have a strong case if vicom has test and say its within standards.

Meanwhile...the stupid salesgirl from the dealer side stil hasnt sort things out.... irritating...

hi oneheadlight,

suggest u press d dealer, (tts?) to give u d stock exhaust. dun trust dealers.

if they still insist its legal, make them sign some doc stating that in event u r fined by ROV/LTA for having non-approved exhaust, they shall pay for your fine (S$500!!), cost incurred for replacing a stock exhaust n inspection fee. :)

DVanos...u got it right. I don't really trust the dealer, but i cant be too hard until things get too frustrating. Now i've been told that the previous owner has the invoice, but he didnt proceed to Kingcrimson for the EC Cert. So assuming its true, all i need is to produce the invoice and get the cert..and its all done.

The change of exhaust was claimed to be done at L.S. , which is appointed by Kingcrimson. If assuming its an illegal set, then L.S is in trouble. Basically the key thing is to press the dealer, and i agree that i wud seek put in black and white if the worse happens. I've briefly spoken to my lawyer, and he advise that i actually a right to even push for a legal remus set cos its in the sales contract, ie i bought knowing that it comes with it. There's a duty of care from the dealer to inform me if its illegal..and it sounds like a misrepresentation cos the salesgirl told me its legal...

hopefully, no trouble..i get the invoice and get the cert.

LC, I like your sig. You bought one? :D

if you see carefully you can spot a penis-like object sticking out from the bottom. thats the self raising jack for pit lane tyre changes. shit i need one of these man.

Back