Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Exhaust Question - Supersprint or Remus

Re: Exhaust Question - Supersprint or Remus

Please specify the exact model and engine and I'll be able to advise you accordingly.
Cheers.

Soifon;1099243 said:
You must have heard wrong. That's stock.

Remus sounds great at the higher RPMs especially :)

That's great! I only want great sound at high rev, not when I'm ferrying my toddler.

By the way, Remus is more expensive than Supersprint. Got quoted 1.5k and 1.3k respectively.

All down to personal preference. Negligible performance increase for All muffler change. Boils down to looks and sound. I have SS and pretty please with it.

whiteonyx;1099302 said:
All down to personal preference. Negligible performance increase for All muffler change. Boils down to looks and sound. I have SS and pretty please with it.

While it's true that is almost impossible to increase the performance changing the mufflers, it is possibile to lose power. We have tested various setups and sometimes some designs (which are discarded) and some competitors mufflers are worse than stock on the dyno.

Red_Bean_Bun;1099238 said:
What some people like are a quiet and drone free cabin and loud effects on the outside.

But if done wrongly - it may end up droning in the cabin and quiet outside ....... Don't go there.

I just installed Remus today, found the built quality better. However, I have the loud effect outside as well as the cabin having a low bass drone when on idle. It's quite irritating g though. Does it require running in? If so, how long is normal? Thanks.

give it a month and you will come in to complain the sound is too soft ... no kick ... lol

Blacknight05;1099500 said:
I just installed Remus today, found the built quality better. However, I have the loud effect outside as well as the cabin having a low bass drone when on idle. It's quite irritating g though. Does it require running in? If so, how long is normal? Thanks.

wt_know;1099508 said:
give it a month and you will come in to complain the sound is too soft ... no kick ... lol

Can LTA friendly, majority no kick one :lol2:LTA unfriendly one very kick cos LTA bike will stop you

I just installed Remus today, found the built quality better
Congrats on your new exhaust :)

Open the top and turn up the hifi ........

Enjoy the exhaust ! Especially through tunnels .......

Now I know the reason for my discomfort. The twin exhaust tips are recoiling (vibrating) noticeably like machine guns. This vibration has gone into the cabin and created a low-tone booming effect that affects my left ear, similar to an 'E" note on my guitar string.

Visually on the exhaust tips - when the aircon is turned off at 650rpm, the recoil lessens. The recoil is most significant when aircon is on at 750rpm. Is it part of running-in?

Unusual step I noticed during Fong Kim's installation, they tied cable ties on all the rubber support dampers holding the exhaust, claiming they can strengthen the supports. Could this be the cause of vibration? Anyone experienced this before?

They also tied up mine with black cable ties. I changed them to stainless steel clips.

Blacknight05;1099562 said:
Now I know the reason for my discomfort. The twin exhaust tips are recoiling (vibrating) noticeably like machine guns. This vibration has gone into the cabin and created a low-tone booming effect that affects my left ear, similar to an 'E" note on my guitar string.

Visually on the exhaust tips - when the aircon is turned off at 650rpm, the recoil lessens. The recoil is most significant when aircon is on at 750rpm. Is it part of running-in?

Unusual step I noticed during Fong Kim's installation, they tied cable ties on all the rubber support dampers holding the exhaust, claiming they can strengthen the supports. Could this be the cause of vibration? Anyone experienced this before?

Full Cat-back?

Not suppose to do that - the cable ties. The exhaust is suppose to hang there. It's also made of rubber - for dampening. So stiffening them up is not right. If its lose or broken - replace the hangers.

The physical movements of the exhaust doesn't contribute to the droning though - but if it hits or touch any of the heat shields it will transfer NVH into the ride.

Also check for exhaust leaks - run your hand around the pipes etc.

Those are checks that are supposed to be done right after installation.

Blacknight05;1099562 said:

Went back to the Fong Kim head office, they redo the installation for me and the booming sound is gone!

They removed all the cable ties and cut the pipe connecting the silencer and muffler shorter, experts at head office indeed.

glad you like the vroom vroom sound now ...

Blacknight05;1099626 said:
Went back to the Fong Kim head office, they redo the installation for me and the booming sound is gone!

They removed all the cable ties and cut the pipe connecting the silencer and muffler shorter, experts at head office indeed.

Glad your problem is resolved !

Blacknight05;1099626 said:

Back