Exhaust For e60 523LCi Facelift

markbmw

Hi guys,

I've got a 523LCi by my side and was thinking of changing the exhaust. Recently, i did some research and found that there are 3 "popular" brands that exist in the market.

Sebring, Supersprint, Remus.

Thought that you guys could help me by giving me a better view of what the difference of all those 3 are and which would be a better buy as im still new in this stuff.

Im looking for one with a sporty sound and good performance.

Kindly advice.

Thanks alot,
Mark

Re: Exhaust For e60 523LCi Facelift

Hi,
Comparing the 3, Supersprint will give u a raspier,throatier sound. Sebring and Remus are quite bassy. They are quite similar as Sebring exhausts are sourced from Remus factory.

sry, maybe u can define roughly whats the difference between bassy and throatier sound ??
and performance wise, any difference ?

how bout eisenmann ??

markbmw;240144 said:
sry, maybe u can define roughly whats the difference between bassy and throatier sound ??
and performance wise, any difference ?

how bout eisenmann ??
Eisenmann is bassy and loud :)

then whats the main difference between remus and sebring ? is it true that sebring is for LOW-MID power and remus is for MID - HIGH ?

markbmw;240931 said:
then whats the main difference between remus and sebring ? is it true that sebring is for LOW-MID power and remus is for MID - HIGH ?
To be honest, changing the muffler for our cars do jack sqwats for power... Its only for the sound thats about it

and look only
sometimes weight savings...

oh.. ok. then i think i'll just get the nicest looking and sounding one.

thanks guys,
Mark

You should try Eisenmann, visit youtube and you'll get an idea of what each exhaust sounds like.
Listen to my E-race... very loud... only for those who can handle it!

E60 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust Cold Start Reving

If it's too loud for you, you can go with the Eisenmann Sport, it shoud be about 20% less loud.

Sorry bros,

Side track abit, what is the FC for your new 523LCi?

PML claims better than the pre-FL??

Hublot

hmm, i tend to drive on the heavy fuel consumption side. Mine is about 17litre/100km.

how bout u ?

Still in process to get the 523LCi and doing my re-search.

17L/100km, that is alot. PML claims 9.3L/100km (combined)?

My previous 320 e46, doing at close to 11L/100km

hmmm,maybe its because of the way i drive.I like to step the pedal all the way.

Anyway,thanks guys ! i got the remus exhaust.It sounds nice,but a little soft when u are in the car. :)

I got around 11.5L/100km (in 275/30R19). And its definately better than my pre-FL 523i.

Pardon me guys,

Back to the topic where exhaust mufflers is concern. I'm looking for those stainless steel mufflers with twinpipe which i seen before on the road, that was used on a 523i..

Looks damm coolz but kind of hard to source to get my hands on 2 of those. Currently is using those black Remus quadpipe..but wanted to make it sounds louder, and looks better that's all. Any idea of anyone could recommend me where to get those mufflers??

Thanks.

Has anybody here heard of Kelleners ? Seems to be made by the one and only eisenmann. Got a bit of info on the web abt them. anybody here tried them yet?

markbmw;242909 said:
hmmm,maybe its because of the way i drive.I like to step the pedal all the way.

Anyway,thanks guys ! i got the remus exhaust.It sounds nice,but a little soft when u are in the car. :)

Bro, if you don't mind I'm asking, how much you pay for your Remus? I understand it's the same as Sebring in term of made and they promised 3 to 5 hp gain.

Remus is $900 rite?

donaldho;261701 said:
Bro, if you don't mind I'm asking, how much you pay for your Remus? I understand it's the same as Sebring in term of made and they promised 3 to 5 hp gain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88comcom1
Back