Esso vs Caltex vs Shell vs SPC

Re: Esso vs Caltex vs Shell vs SPC

For me Esso 98......

cheers

dash;571581 said:
I support singapore. I pump SPC 98.

maybe I'm very insensitive, cos no matter what brand I pump, Shell, Caltex, SPC....their 98 octane petrol seems the same to me. :shakehea:
somemore after i install powerbox, my car more fuel hungry by a bit....:oooops:

Hi Dash,

I think SPC is now MIC.

Keppel to sell SPC stake to PetroChina

hmmm....
wondering of the petrol pump attendants will be changed from old uncles to young nubile chinese ladies now that it will be MIC......

Any inline6 guys care to comment on your experiences between 95 and 98? I have been on Esso 95, haven't given 98 a go yet but I'm tempted if it drives smoother and gives better fuel economy.

scoobysix - never tried 95, have been on ESSO 98 from the beginning.

v-power during the F1 promotional weekends.

etan1;572987 said:
scoobysix - never tried 95, have been on ESSO 98 from the beginning.

v-power during the F1 promotional weekends.

yea got v power promotion every weekend till 26 sep..:goodup:

I don't have much data on RON95 fuels on the N52 engines. On most of my previous cars, RON98 fuel was pretty much mandatory. Am trying to find out if RON98 can provide that little more fuel economy and that little bit more performance/smoothness, in which case I wouldn't mind paying the small premium to use RON98.

ie. my current fuel economy is 8.8km/l, if I can get 9.1km/l and a little more oomph from using RON98, it will be worth the 4% jump in fuel cost.

scoobysix;573035 said:
I don't have much data on RON95 fuels on the N52 engines. On most of my previous cars, RON98 fuel was pretty much mandatory. Am trying to find out if RON98 can provide that little more fuel economy and that little bit more performance/smoothness, in which case I wouldn't mind paying the small premium to use RON98.

ie. my current fuel economy is 8.8km/l, if I can get 9.1km/l and a little more oomph from using RON98, it will be worth the 4% jump in fuel cost.

try it out for 1-2 tanks....

dash;572836 said:
hmmm....
wondering of the petrol pump attendants will be changed from old uncles to young nubile chinese ladies now that it will be MIC......

something like that...

dash;571581 said:
I support singapore. I pump SPC 98.

maybe I'm very insensitive, cos no matter what brand I pump, Shell, Caltex, SPC....their 98 octane petrol seems the same to me. :shakehea:
somemore after i install powerbox, my car more fuel hungry by a bit....:oooops:

Bro...
I think spc is now wholly owned by PRC company...:)

back to the topic

i have been a regular of Esso 98 until 3 months ago when i switched to Shell V-power. Swtiched to Shell because of the promo (V P = 98 price on Sundays and also 10% cash rebate). The 10% rebate is now over and maybe i will switch back to Esso soon.

I havene't noticed an increased in FC or power with VPower.....

yr car needs to be tuned (advance timing) to get the extra gains from the extra Octane

detach8;571556 said:
Folks, I found my ride smoother with Caltex and Esso. Shell was noisy. Haven't had the chance to try SPC (not many stations here)

Just wondering what most bros here feel?

FC not conclusive as the diving and traffic patterns from tank to tank varies by quite a bit.
There are actually more SPC than Caltex stations in SG.

Back