enquiries on muffler n upgrading of rim size.

chenqing

recently, i have upgrade my 17" rims to 18". B4 tat i had change my muffler, juz the muffler itself..not the entire exhaust system..will these 2 changes affect my fuel consumption??? i realize tat my pickup slightly slowly...pls help...if i change my muffler back to the stock one will it help???

Re: enquiries on muffler n upgrading of rim size.

looks like plenty of rims upgrade lately or keen interest:) Larger rim will increase FC esp if the rim is heavier than before. Let the experts help u, they havent seen yr post.

what rim did u change to? what muffler is that? i think it will help if u state them.

i change 2 remus muffle...upgrade 2 breyton rims...

FC ought to increase slightly with rim size increase and muffler mod...but its worth it though

FC increase not so much rite..? runnin more in the city affects 2 rite..? btw how come juz a muffler will affect??? if i change back 2 stock one..will improve my FC???

depends on your driving style and of course city/highway ratio. sometimes a car with muffler mod and 18" may have better FC coz always on highway compared to say a car with stock everything but 80% city and short driving distances.

since you've spent money on your remus already dont change back lah, after all the difference in FC is not drastic.

i changed my muffler to Sebring. initial first tank FC increased mainly due to my heavy foot to hear the sound. now i drive back normal. everything back to normal. not much diff.

chenqing said:
i change 2 remus muffle...upgrade 2 breyton rims...

Hi chenqing,

Bigger rims will affect your FC too...but mainly if u travel in the city, when u stop and go stop and go...hehe....if travelin on highway, shouldn't make much diff, unless u try to race every car in front of u:lol2:

Btw, u notice your pick up slower ...if I m not wrong is mostly due to the rims....It happened to me too...haha... however, I think u shouldn't change anything back to the original one...sure regret one...just leave it and u will get use to it..:woottt:

thx guys!! thx 4 the advices...realli appreciate...alrite man..will slowly get used 2 it...

hitmee said:
i changed my muffler to Sebring. initial first tank FC increased mainly due to my heavy foot to hear the sound. now i drive back normal. everything back to normal. not much diff.

Hi, when u say u change your muffler to Sebring....do u mean only the end part near the exhaust tip or the entire exhaust system? And about how much does it cost?

Thank you.

U changed to Breyton rims? Ok that explains a lot of it. The only light rims from Breyton models is FLAME.
Ur muffler has minimal impact on your FC or probably nothing.

my 2 $0.002...

read that bigger rims are better (stable?) at higher speeds but not good at 0-100 kmph timings as compared with smaller rims.

if u like to race traffic light to traffic light.. then no point upsizing rims...stick to stock size...
and use lighter rims.

if u drive at high speed (i.e. on race tracks etc), bigger rims help....
of coz lighter is better...

not too sure if size of rims affects fuel consumption if the weight remains the same...

if looks matter more than both the points above, then the bigger the better...heavy or light not much difference as it is the visual impact that kills...and u probably want to drive slow enuf for people to notice : )

am not sure why the muffler should increase fuel consumption though....

have a gr8 day ahead!

Hi

Anyone know what is the weight of the stock rim of the E90 320?

Henry1515;136227 said:
Hi

Anyone know what is the weight of the stock rim of the E90 320?

Should be around 10.5kg bah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888pro1
Back