engine shuttering at idle.

Darth Vader

help!!

my e90 335 engine shuttering badly at idle.
like kenna lung cancer keep coughing.
wtf is going on ?

my guess is ignition coil and spark plugs problem.(my friend told me government's fault)
any one here have experience ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: engine shuttering at idle.

pls add fuel pump prob to the list

I recently had that problem. It was the ignition coils and spark plugs. A change and now runs like butter.

Fuel pump, plugs, af ratio, coils... Try dme updates first ?

changed ignition coils, spark plugs and air filter.
first few days still shuttering.
after that shuttering gone.(god bless me please.)
was told by ah wee of BVO maybe exhaust down pipe leaking if shuttering does not stop.
not fuel pump problem cause I changed a new fuel pump 3 years ago.
fuel pump problem is long engine starting time.

I had the same problem yesterday and today. During stationary, my car will vibrate, rpm decrease and like kenna a bad cold and shiver then shut down itself. But when i off aircon is fine. It's only when aircon is on. Anyone has this problem??

I also experience bad steering sound whenever i steer, is damn bloody annoying. It's like my car is whining and crying.

I had the same problem yesterday and today. During stationary, my car will vibrate, rpm decrease and like kenna a bad cold and shiver then shut down itself. But when i off aircon is fine. It's only when aircon is on. Anyone has this problem??

I also experience bad steering sound whenever i steer, is damn bloody annoying. It's like my car is whining and crying.

I had a similar problem previously and it was due to one of the ignition coil kaput. Replaced the coil and all is well now :)

The workshop will have the tools to diagnose which coil is faulty.

Darth Vader;1081723 said:
changed ignition coils, spark plugs and air filter.
first few days still shuttering.
after that shuttering gone.(god bless me please.)
was told by ah wee of BVO maybe exhaust down pipe leaking if shuttering does not stop.
not fuel pump problem cause I changed a new fuel pump 3 years ago.
fuel pump problem is long engine starting time.

Seems like I having fuel pump prob.
DV, which fuel pump you replaced ? Hpfp or the low pressure one inside fuel tank?

time to change car ... on behalf of ac323 ...

Jason8822;1082247 said:
DV, which fuel pump you replaced ? Hpfp or the low pressure one inside fuel tank?

I think its Hpfp.(more than $1k )
maybe your battery worn out ?

Jason8822;1082247 said:

I had the shuttering problem in Feb during idle and the RPM went down to about 500. Went to the workshop and changed the whole set of ignition coils. Problem came back 1 month later and the workshop changed 1 of the coil as they deem it as faulty. Few daysback the problem came back and the engine even stalled. Going down to the workshop again next week.

Marius;1082326 said:
I had the shuttering problem in Feb during idle and the RPM went down to about 500. Went to the workshop and changed the whole set of ignition coils. Problem came back 1 month later and the workshop changed 1 of the coil as they deem it as faulty. Few daysback the problem came back and the engine even stalled. Going down to the workshop again next week.

Which ws is that...????

wt_know;1082256 said:
time to change car ... on behalf of ac323 ...

Change car ... no.
Roofless ..... no no.

Darth Vader;1082318 said:
I think its Hpfp.(more than $1k )
maybe your battery worn out ?

Yesterday when I was moving off gently from traffic light, the warning - Drivetrain Error comes up and engine feels like misfiring. I off the engine and restart then the error msg was gone and car drives like normal after.
Not able to upload the pics now, will post it tmr.

like that 90% its hpfp problem.
cant be coils and plugs already, or battery.

Jason8822;1082349 said:
Yesterday when I was moving off gently from traffic light, the warning - Drivetrain Error comes up and engine feels like misfiring. I off the engine and restart then the error msg was gone and car drives like normal after.
Not able to upload the pics now, will post it tmr.

Thomas Ng;1081831 said:

For the problem of the car vibrating and RPM quivering at low speeds/stationary, you may also want to check the coolant level. I have had a similar problem and it seemed to have gone away after topping up the coolant. Not sure if it may come back again... Only time will tell.

Went back down to the WS today. They diagnosed that one of the injector is dirty.. fingers crossed..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back