Engine Oil Low !?

daywalker

Hi ppl

Clocked about 4000km so far with my E93. Last night, the low Engne Oil warning light came on and was advised to top up with 1L of engine oil ....

Is this normal when the car is only coming 3 mths old?:(

Re: Engine Oil Low !?

daywalker said:
Clocked about 4000km so far with my E93. Last night, the low Engne Oil warning light came on and was advised to top up with 1L of engine oil ....
Winston, did you change oil after running in?

Stand corrected, but I suspected our engines are coated with mineral oil at factory. Mineral oils require frequent changes, as early as 1-2K kms.

kenntona;301318 said:
Stand corrected, but I suspected our engines are coated with mineral oil at factory. Mineral oils require frequent changes, as early as 1-2K kms.

Wow..really?!

Where would you suggest I go change the oil? Does it take a few hours?

Thx

Change to synthetic at PML or any workshop - BVO, J4C....... short while.

BTW, Winston, kindly PM me (or send to [email protected]) your email and contact number. Am compiling a list of E92/E93/335 owners.

daywalker;301290 said:
Hi ppl

Is this normal when the car is only coming 3 mths old?:(

During your run-in, did you drive it hard? The N54 is famous for consuming oil if proper run-in procedures are not observed. Either way, i'd recommend changing to 5W-50 Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Its a very good oil for your engine and is much more accustomed for Singapore weather. The castrol one feels sluggish after some spirited driving.

elmariachi;301348 said:
During your run-in, did you drive it hard? The N54 is famous for consuming oil if proper run-in procedures are not observed. Either way, i'd recommend changing to 5W-50 Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Its a very good oil for your engine and is much more accustomed for Singapore weather. The castrol one feels sluggish after some spirited driving.

Well,not that hard...did not rev above 3k..but had sprintbooster installed so dunno if it contributed to any of this.

Thanks for the advice.

daywalker;301354 said:
Well,not that hard...did not rev above 3k..but had sprintbooster installed so dunno if it contributed to any of this.

Thanks for the advice.

Then i dont think its anything major. Try filling up with new oil and see if the problem persists. Should nto be nothing. Sprint booster wont affect this problem you are having. Its more of a throttle feel than something that is induced to the engine directly.

elmariachi;301392 said:
Then i dont think its anything major. Try filling up with new oil and see if the problem persists. Should nto be nothing. Sprint booster wont affect this problem you are having. Its more of a throttle feel than something that is induced to the engine directly.

Great, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back