Engine Cut Off While Driving

Re: Engine Cut Off While Driving

explorer4000 said:
Need to check whether anybody has this problem of engine being cut off while the car is on the road. A few weeks ago my car went 'dead' while I was driving. Switched off everything & managed to re-start the engine. Went to the workshop in AMK straightaway to check the problem. It's found that the fuel regulator went kaput. Later the mechanic found out that one of the ignition coils also kaput.

After the 2 items were changed (I also had my engine oil changed together), the car is slightly more responsive but the exhaust (ACS) is little louder than before. But this morning, while I was driving home, the engine cut off again. Switched off everything & managed to get the car going. Fortunately, I was not in the expressway. :oops:

Anybody has any advice/comments?

wat car are u driving?

arkaneslayer,

E46 320.

Gordon, go to a workshop with the GT1 or the Modic and get a check on what'w wrong...

Guessing is not the correct way to go..

All else fail, just change car hahahahaha !!!!!! :screwedu: :screwedu:

piggyboyz said:
Gordon, go to a workshop with the GT1 or the Modic and get a check on what'w wrong...

Guessing is not the correct way to go..

All else fail, just change car hahahahaha !!!!!! :screwedu: :screwedu:
Ya, thinking of that already! Will visit the workshop after the holiday. In fact, I also observed that after I rev'ed the car up at a high speed, it didn't seem to downshift after I release the accelerator. Things start to go awry once the car is 3 years old :(

My apologies - not downshift. What I meant was, it stayed at that speed for a while even after I released the accelerator; & I'd to apply brake to slow down.

explorer4000 said:
Ya, thinking of that already! Will visit the workshop after the holiday. In fact, I also observed that after I rev'ed the car up at a high speed, it didn't seem to downshift after I release the accelerator. Things start to go awry once the car is 3 years old :(

Bro, it's a sign. The BOX is calling for u, do not resist! Just go motorshow and put downpayment. I can go with u next week! hahaha! :thumbsup:

Hi All

For everybody info.

BMW glitch locks Thai minister in
By Staff, CNETAsia
Friday, May 16 2003 10:13 AM
A high-ranking Thai official was forced to crawl out of the shattered windows of his luxury car following an onboard glitch that sealed all exits.

BMW has told CNETAsia that an electronic fault caused the problem, rather than a system crash of the car's Windows-based central computer, as other reports have speculated.

Suchart Jaovisidha, Thailand's finance minister, was on his way to address central bank officials from around the world when his state-assigned BMW stalled, the Associated Press reported.

"The engine stopped, the air conditioning shut down, the doors got locked and the windows wouldn't roll down," Suchart was quoted as saying.

"We couldn't breathe because there was no air," he added.

To draw attention, the minister and his driver waved frantically at passers-by. The incident ended only after a nearby security guard smashed the car's windows with a sledgehammer.

Even with the heavy-duty tool, Suchart said it took a long time to break the windows as the "glass proved to be very resistant".

The harrowing experience lasted about 10 minutes, he said.

Suchart returned home and took his personal vehicle, also a BMW, to the speech venue, the report said.

Reports have speculated that the famously glitchy BMW 745i car, and its Windows CE-powered iDrive car computer, may have been the vehicle in the incident.

But when contacted by CNETAsia, a spokeswoman from BMW Thailand said the car at fault was a 10-year old BMW 520i that had suffered a simple electronic failure. She declined to reveal if the firm received identical reports from other users in the country.

According to previous reports, BMW recalled 15,000 iDrive-equipped 7-series cars, one of its most luxurious sedans, globally last May and 286 more in Korea two months after. Linux proponents have said that BMW engineers may be turning to embedded Linux as an alternative operating system.

The Korea Times said a software problem in the electronic management unit of the car's fuel pump could make the engine stall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88comcom1
Back