ECU upgrade

Trigger

HI Guys! There are a lot of ECU upgrade around but not here in Sillypore!
Am currently comparing between Juss for Cars and BVO! Any1 our there care to
advice the different this 2 and most important which is better in term of performance!

Re: ECU upgrade

search.jpg

LOL, good one.
I remember Charontes did a minireview on the Hiop chip vs the Obit.

rex7_vtec said:
Liyi, what do you want to know? Perhaps I can help you out abit...

Obit? Unichip? Hi-Op ECU Reflash? Motec? Fcon V-pro?
the Jedi master is in the house...

trigger, in terms of the 2 you mentioned, they more or less do the same thing... not sure what just for cars uses but BVO uses OBIT and OBIT II. to me they most like do about the same thing and the performance gains are similar

MRacer77 said:
the Jedi master is in the house...

trigger, in terms of the 2 you mentioned, they more or less do the same thing... not sure what just for cars uses but BVO uses OBIT and OBIT II. to me they most like do about the same thing and the performance gains are similar

"wong, wong, wong...Arrgghh!!"

"MRacer77....*heavy breathing*..... Wa si lin lao peh....."

Hehehehehe!!!!

Me no Jedi master lah, just helping out with my very limited knowledge on ECU programmings :)

rex7_vtec said:
"wong, wong, wong...Arrgghh!!"

"MRacer77....*heavy breathing*..... Wa si lin lao peh....."

Hehehehehe!!!!

Me no Jedi master lah, just helping out with my very limited knowledge on ECU programmings :)
you farnee man ah you? hahahaha! ECU programming really does not matter what you use.. its the tuner thats the key...

Hi, I just did my Z4 3.0 by DMS from London. He came down here and did some cars. Very good. You can find his ad in EVO Magazine.

Hi,

What exactly is the DMS a piggyback? How much did it cost? How about retuning if he's based in London?

Hi jaskin, he re-map my ECU. No Piggy bag. He was really good. My friend did his M3 and was really good. Look into EVo Magz and you can find him in torque Magazine. There was a really good report on the M3, CLS and DMS M3. Evo claim that DMS was faster then CLS.

How much did it cost? Where can we get this DMS upgrade at the moment?

ECU upgrade by DMS

Joopy,
Have you put your Z4 on a dynamometer before and/or after the DMS remap?
DMS claim a 24bhp and 10ft/lbs improvement for the twin VANOS 3.0l engine after their remap.
For S$2,800, that doesn't seem like a lot of bang for your hard earned buck, or am I missing something here?
Any idea when will Rob Young be out in this part of the world again? Where did they do the reprogramming?
Cheers,
6spdMan

Re: ECU upgrade by DMS

I'm in the process of getting my E65 3L programmed by HIOP ( J4C ) and they cannot do it via the OBD port. Have to open the ECU to gain direct access to the chip. They said that it's the same with the E60, 318 Valvetronic and the Z4 as well.
So Joopy, how does DMS do it? Did he physically open the ECU to get to the EPROM or through the OBD port?

6spdMan said:
Joopy,
Have you put your Z4 on a dynamometer before and/or after the DMS remap?
DMS claim a 24bhp and 10ft/lbs improvement for the twin VANOS 3.0l engine after their remap.
For S$2,800, that doesn't seem like a lot of bang for your hard earned buck, or am I missing something here?
Any idea when will Rob Young be out in this part of the world again? Where did they do the reprogramming?
Cheers,
6spdMan

Hi 6spd,

IMHO, if DMS can release 24bhp more on a NA BMW 3l engine, I will be very impressed liao. Thats about 10%
improvement over stock. Beside looking at the absolute figures, heard that DMS managed to shift the
whole bhp and torque curve to more accessible/lower rpm on a M3 and the owner is impressed.
To me, $2.8k is worth it if DMS managed to do both the above. However, to each his own..........
There are pple who spent tons of money on magnet which has absolutely no gain what so ever(proven by byno chart).
I know as I was one of them.................sigh........

Cheers!

I have scheduled a tune up with Rob for his DMS reflash once my parts are in.

DMS is a chip reflash. There's absolutely no HARDWARE installation. everything's done through the OBDII port via his computer. It's also invisible to the dealer (aka PML). (unless your dealer sifts through your source codes, which is highly unlikely) It's not model specific or brand specific. I believe Rob has the ability to tweak most common cars in singapore.

if you have a car that's only slightly modded or is a very common model (like the M3 or the 3.0L engine, or a F360, 911, 4200GT, GTA etc), then chances are he'll already have the map ready stored in the computer. In about a few minutes it can be successfully uploaded to your car and it'll be up and running immediately. Quotes for our BMW cars have commonly been in the $2500-$3000 region but best is to enquire with him directly.

If you have very heavily modded your car (like upgrade injectors), then his standard maps will not work. He'll go on a half-day road tune with you.

The beauty of this reflash is that this map even retunes the VANOS timings, which is an area that many many tuners are afraid of touching. And most certainly, any piggyback chip i know currently hasnt the power to influence, or local tuners do not have knowledge to tune. But then again, this chip is considered very very expensive. easily costing twice or more than the alternatives. so its simply a matter of "one cent money, one cent goods".

i personally know at least 2 members here with Rob's DMS reflash. And to my knowledge, they have performed extremely satisfactorily well. Rob comes down about once a month, but his schedule is extremely packed each time. Those who are seriously interested, then pm me for his contact. If you are looking for a custom road tune, then be prepared to wait till he has a clear slot.

Racebred said:
I have scheduled a tune up with Rob for his DMS reflash once my parts are in.

DMS is a chip reflash. There's absolutely no HARDWARE installation. everything's done through the OBDII port via his computer. It's also invisible to the dealer (aka PML). (unless your dealer sifts through your source codes, which is highly unlikely) It's not model specific or brand specific. I believe Rob has the ability to tweak most common cars in singapore.

if you have a car that's only slightly modded or is a very common model (like the M3 or the 3.0L engine, or a F360, 911, 4200GT, GTA etc), then chances are he'll already have the map ready stored in the computer. In about a few minutes it can be successfully uploaded to your car and it'll be up and running immediately. Quotes for our BMW cars have commonly been in the $2500-$3000 region but best is to enquire with him directly.

If you have very heavily modded your car (like upgrade injectors), then his standard maps will not work. He'll go on a half-day road tune with you.

The beauty of this reflash is that this map even retunes the VANOS timings, which is an area that many many tuners are afraid of touching. And most certainly, any piggyback chip i know currently hasnt the power to influence, or local tuners do not have knowledge to tune. But then again, this chip is considered very very expensive. easily costing twice or more than the alternatives. so its simply a matter of "one cent money, one cent goods".

i personally know at least 2 members here with Rob's DMS reflash. And to my knowledge, they have performed extremely satisfactorily well. Rob comes down about once a month, but his schedule is extremely packed each time. Those who are seriously interested, then pm me for his contact. If you are looking for a custom road tune, then be prepared to wait till he has a clear slot.
eh... ask you ah? do you think that he can help me remap my whole ECU? have been looking at different alternatives and if what you say is true then maybe I should consider the DMS chip.

i know where you are coming from. and yes, it will help, coz this is EXACTLY what i'm doing now, under the same circumstances. you will need a road tune.

Racebred said:
i know where you are coming from. and yes, it will help, coz this is EXACTLY what i'm doing now, under the same circumstances. you will need a road tune.
ok then... how can I set one up? or at least talk to this guy about how to get it done?

Back