E93 owner beware of bad plastic surgery

Re: E93 owner beware of bad plastic surgery

Amazing, foreign talent servicing the car. Actung!

stevenwu;431615 said:
Sometime, I rather go outside workshop if the thing to fix is minor......I had very bad experience with PML years back. Have some minor sound from my front coupe window, sent my car to change window assembly since it is under warranty, came back with scratches & ding on the door. Sent in again for respray :( and eventually got the door done BUT the window glass was kind of loose, rattle....Fxxx, sent in again to re-aligned twice and the SA said this was like that one......Fxxxxx. Anyway, if you have a chance to get into the workshop at PML, you will be surprise to see almost 70% are OJT PRC...

...why I said that ?
Once I went into the workshop at kg Arang (which not suppose to do that) to check if my car was OK, saw a PRC servicing my car...fine, nothing wrong with that BUT wtf, he was holding a service manual, asking his friend how to do something....I believed he was not very clear on the procedures since they are written in ENGLISH....
Almost cried......

Brought my car to J4C and Billy fixed it in 30 mins somehow....:)

When i recalled, if I just sent to workshops and got fixed at 30 buck, I will just skip bringing it in to pml even though it is under warranty.....unless it cost alot more, then no choice.

my 0.00001 cents

Good mechanics all go out open their own shops liao ! Once I was filling up petrol accross PML Alexandra. The uncle pump DIESEL into my tank ! Called PML, they asked me to tow the car to their workshop, leave it for one to two days to " fix " it ! Desperate ,called my regular mechanic , he came ,drained the tank ,rinsed it with petrol ,fill up and " kao tim ".

They don't allow us to go into the work shop -- so that we won't cry !!!! HaHaHa

lennon Tan;433842 said:
Good mechanics all go out open their own shops liao ! Once I was filling up petrol accross PML Alexandra. The uncle pump DIESEL into my tank ! Called PML, they asked me to tow the car to their workshop, leave it for one to two days to " fix " it ! Desperate ,called my regular mechanic , he came ,drained the tank ,rinsed it with petrol ,fill up and " kao tim ".

They don't allow us to go into the work shop -- so that we won't cry !!!! HaHaHa

Hmm... how on earth did that happen?
I have not picked up a diesel pump in a long while, but last i remembered, the diesel pump nozzle is supposed to be bigger, cant inset into a petrol tank inlet. maybe cut cost now a days all make same size again.

all the more reason to buy PI and not pay the premium?? hehehehe.. just saying this to make myself feel good.. no offense.

Hi Eric,
I'm having the same problem now.. Is your roof fixed already? They changed all the rubber seal for me but apparently it got worse too. I also think that their workmanship got problem. the first time they did when they handed me the car, it was like a mess. Don't they have a technical supervisor or something to control all the guys? I'm quite disappointed myself. Buy continential worse than Japanese counterparts.

well i'm getting my car back in the next 5 days....i'll let you know how it turns out??? BTW which branch did you send your car to?

all the best to both your cars... I'm getting my E93 335 soon and I'm worried about it too... also worried abt the HPFP problems etc.. But it seems no one has been complaining about HPFP problems in singapore.

kcl211;460131 said:
all the best to both your cars... I'm getting my E93 335 soon and I'm worried about it too... also worried abt the HPFP problems etc.. But it seems no one has been complaining about HPFP problems in singapore.

dont worry so much..enjoy your new ride first..HPFP seems to have gone through a few revisions already..so production model should receive the newer and more reliable HPFP..

kcl211....i wish u luck... haha i guess i and a few are the unlucky ones. that day at gym an ang mor was driving a e93 also. so i approached him, apparently his got no problem. 1 yr + plus. so... sway lor wat to do.

design flaw.. sometimes being the first is not alway good...

tlkchew;460493 said:
design flaw.. sometimes being the first is not alway good...

This is not a design flaw as it does not affect everyone.

My E93 has not leaked yet for well over a year despite heavy daily use and over 35k mileage and many days running through from Raffles place to Pasir Ris in torrential rain.

As the posters above have pointed out, sometimes, it's a bit of luck as well.

Better touch wood now....otherwise sure kena tonight...

rajesh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nn88lol
Back