Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

e93 M3 Exhaust + Workshop Recommendations

Alex K

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I own a E93 M3 (Convertible), and I would like to achieve a bit more sound/noise from the exhaust note.

I'm thinking of the following:
1) Cutting out the perforated pipe in the OEM exhaust and replace them with SS pipes,
2) OR getting a MPE exhaust.

Which would be more cost friendly, or rather, which do you think is a better option?

Also, would the modification to the OEM exhaust as well as the M Performance exhaust be LTA friendly?

Lastly, for the 2 options, I'm looking for recommendations for reputable workshops that doesn't charge an arm or a leg to help me make that happen!

Thanks in advanced!

Can try my shop... KBS Motorsports Pte Ltd... We are located at 160 Sin Ming Drive, #06-03 Sin Ming Autocity, Singapore 575722... You can also contact me personally at 8685 3198 for further info... Im Ignatius..

Can try my shop... KBS Motorsports Pte Ltd... We are located at 160 Sin Ming Drive, #06-03 Sin Ming Autocity, Singapore 575722... You can also contact me personally at 8685 3198 for further info... Im Ignatius..

Hi Ignatius,

Which do you recommend?
Your shop can both do the welding on the OEM, and have MPE one for sale?

Hi Ignatius,

Which do you recommend?
Your shop can both do the welding on the OEM, and have MPE one for sale?

Welding on the OEM is risky... If get caught by TP/LTA then you have to find another original non tampered 1 to change and go for inspection...
If your car change to MPE exhaust we can do... No approval... MPE Exhaust can get approval if you buy your car from authorised BMW dealer and change the exhaust with them... Why not try Eisenmann exhaust? Comes with approval...

Welding on the OEM is risky... If get caught by TP/LTA then you have to find another original non tampered 1 to change and go for inspection...
If your car change to MPE exhaust we can do... No approval... MPE Exhaust can get approval if you buy your car from authorised BMW dealer and change the exhaust with them... Why not try Eisenmann exhaust? Comes with approval...
PM'd

Bro strongly recommend you go straight for Akrapovic. I bought mine with M Performance and it was quite disappointing (except at very high rev it is in fact more exotic). Akrapovic is more raspy and deep at all other rev ranges. Please don't go operate as TP now really clamping down hard.

I have Akra on my E90 M3. No regrets plus weight savings. One day we should have an M meetup to compare

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abc8mov
Back