E90 Squeaking and vibrating Wiper

Marcus45

My E90 is having squeaking wipers...it is getting very irritating especially with recent downpour...

I went to PML, the service advisor told me it is due to worn out wiper, so i changed a new one and clean the frontscreen with glass cleaner but the problem still persist.

Everytime driving in the rain, dont feel like turning on the wiper...hai... :(

Please help....

Thanks in advance... :)

Fatcheek!!

Re: E90 Squeaking and vibrating Wiper

mine squeking n juttering comes occasionally... but me still have not change any wiper yet...

still trying to figure out y.... :(

One reason is the grease and dirt that sticks to your windscreen and wiper. Try cleaning them properly with good windscreen cleaner. Also never use rain-X or similar product on your windscreen. It works good for a while but the chemical sticks on your wiper and will cause it to squeak after a while.

Your windscreen is probably coated with gunk causing unusually high friction with the rubber.

You need to strip the windscreen. Use newspapers and the most aggressive non-abrasive windscreen cleaner you can find. Rub the windscreen like hell.

I guess your E90 should be quite new right? Send to PML and ask them to polish the windscreen ( only way to solve the problem ) and change the new wipers for you. ask them for the return taxi vouchers also. Be firm, otherwise they will play around with you. My E90 had the same problem after delivery.

Had the same problem over the weekend .. now problem solved!...

Go buy a bottle of Autoglym glass polish ... work wonders .. $16 only frm autobacs. Now tottally no noise.. and no more jerky.. problem is due to some rubber left on your windscreen from the blades.. u look properly can spot one... u have to get rid of these lines... no easy to rub without using the polish but can be done...

Thanks to all the brothers out there for your valuable advice...

Just brought a bottle of "glass cleaner" from Autobac... it appears to be working. :)
Looking like tomorrow is going to rain again... time to test it!!!

Cheers!
Rgds,
Fatcheeks!

cool! me got the same problem too. hope this autoglym thing can solve it...

Had the same problem recently. I just used the claybar on the windscreen and it's fine now.

Marcus45;372698 said:
My E90 is having squeaking wipers...it is getting very irritating especially with recent downpour...

I went to PML, the service advisor told me it is due to worn out wiper, so i changed a new one and clean the frontscreen with glass cleaner but the problem still persist.

Everytime driving in the rain, dont feel like turning on the wiper...hai... :(

Please help....

Thanks in advance... :)

Fatcheek!!

Quick question, did you apply any rainX type cleaner or protection on the windshield?

if yes, then that is the problem.
try this,
use some hair shampoo and thoroughly wash off the the crappy rainX stuff, then rinse clean.
it should be alot better after a nice hair..oops i mean windshield wash.
remember to clean your wipers as well.

Do not apply any more of that rainX stuffs.

if you do not use any of that chemical, then i really dont know already.
still worth trying the hair shampoo treatment.

The test passed with flying colours!! No more squeaking sound or vibrating Wiper.:)

Good lesson learnt: If you are facing any squeaking sound or vibrating wiper. Instead of spending $70 bucks to change your new wipers, we should just try to polish your windscreen Glass with Autoglym, claybar or etc... this will help to resolve the squeaking problem.

If the problem persist and the wiper is giving you incomplete/unclean swipe, change the wiper.

Always learning new things everyday!! Cheers!

Fatcheeks! :laughlik: :laughlik:

Marcus45;373889 said:
The test passed with flying colours!! No more squeaking sound or vibrating Wiper.:)

Fatcheeks! :laughlik: :laughlik:

congratulations on solving the issue.

NO worries we help each other ! Yeah and remember dont ever use Rain X .. after few days in hot sun .. rain X will cause blades to squeak.... BAN rain-X ....

Dear Bros,

I got the same problem with the wiper squeaking and shutter and after reading this thread i went to buy the autoglym windscreen polish and spend half hour yesterday polishing the windscreen, i also dismantled the wiper and polish and also wash it using shampoo.

But last nite when it was raining cats and dogs, i put the wiper to test again and hoping my wiper problem will be solved....... Guess wat, good only for first 3 minutes and then the shutter starts again...thinking of doing the autoglym polish again..... or should i sent it back to PML as my ride is only 3 month +, i doubt it is due to the wiper wearing out so fast... any bro care to adivse?

i got the same squeaking wipers problem. 1 mth nia the problem come already. very irritating!!
haven't done anything about it though.

Just calybar-ed my screen, will let you know the results...waiting for the rain to fall....

Vkool,

Have you try to use "Hard" Sponge to polish the windscreen? Go to Autobac and ask the sale attendant how to get rid of wiper squeek effect, they should be able to recommend a good product. It works for me...

FatCheeks!!

The wiper juddering pissed me off big time..claybar and autoglym glass polish did not solve the problem. I dread rainy days!!...in the end , bought the Twister windscreen restorer from autobacs and problem solved...at $54 it wasnt cheap but it did solve the problem...and can be used for about 4-5 times ..hope this helps guys..

Whiplash70;377302 said:
The wiper juddering pissed me off big time..claybar and autoglym glass polish did not solve the problem. I dread rainy days!!...in the end , bought the Twister windscreen restorer from autobacs and problem solved...at $54 it wasnt cheap but it did solve the problem...and can be used for about 4-5 times ..hope this helps guys..

Ouch! but if it solves the squeak issue its worth gold!

VKool;376703 said:
Dear Bros,

I got the same problem with the wiper squeaking and shutter and after reading this thread i went to buy the autoglym windscreen polish and spend half hour yesterday polishing the windscreen, i also dismantled the wiper and polish and also wash it using shampoo.

But last nite when it was raining cats and dogs, i put the wiper to test again and hoping my wiper problem will be solved....... Guess wat, good only for first 3 minutes and then the shutter starts again...thinking of doing the autoglym polish again..... or should i sent it back to PML as my ride is only 3 month +, i doubt it is due to the wiper wearing out so fast... any bro care to adivse?

Look carefully at glass from certain angles .... make sure u clean class properly .. if there are still rubber marks on windscreen which u can see at some angles.. means u not polishing hard enough .. do it again ...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back