E90 Rear passenger door handle sticky

daz3

Hi guys,my rear door interior handle is very sticky and it seems like the rubber piece melted.Tried to clean it but it got worst.Where can i get it replaced and the cost involved? Is it easy to DIY if i were to get the parts from Eng Soon?

TIA!

Re: E90 Rear passenger door handle sticky

its more likely to get stickier before it gets better while cleaning.
what did you use to clean? Thinner will "melt" the handle and that is irreversible.
use alcohol or turpentine to clean it. the sticky stuff maybe grim and dirt only.

Vansoh;1043760 said:
its more likely to get stickier before it gets better while cleaning.
what did you use to clean? Thinner will "melt" the handle and that is irreversible.
use alcohol or turpentine to clean it. the sticky stuff maybe grim and dirt only.

Ya i used turpentine to clean it,at first was only the middle part sticky,now the whole handle is sticky.:oooops:
Have tried to google how to remove the handle and many websites states that its not an easy task.

Gave up the idea of replacing it,have ordered black stitch BMW 3 SERIES E90 E91 05-11 2X REAR DOOR HANDLE LEATHER COVERS | eBay

Will post a pic when i receive it.

daz3;1043755 said:
Hi guys,my rear door interior handle is very sticky and it seems like the rubber piece melted.Tried to clean it but it got worst.Where can i get it replaced and the cost involved? Is it easy to DIY if i were to get the parts from Eng Soon?

TIA!

You need a heat gun to DIY this job as the original handle are "riveted" to the door panel by melting the plastic of the handle. You need to remove the old handle and install the new handle. Then use the heat gun to melt the plastic of the new handle to secure it. To save the hassle you may get your workshop to install for you.

Damage for replacement of each handle + labour about $100++. :)

Garf;1050448 said:
Damage for replacement of each handle + labour about $100++. :)

Please advice where you do it? I have the same issue with my front and rear passenger door handles. Thank you.

Hi there, having the same problems with my front passenger door handle melting. Can advise where you got it replaced? Thanks

TIA!
You may consider to get the carbon fiber sticker to stick over it without changing to new. I did it on mine E90

TIA!
You may consider to get the carbon fiber sticker to stick over it without changing to new. I did it on mine E90 it look awesome

You may consider to get the carbon fiber sticker to stick over it without changing to new. I did it on mine E90 it look awesome

Great idea, can advise where to buy these carbon fiber sticker?
Million thanks.

I agree, the carbon fiber looks cool on handles, and I think it is the simplest solution as you don't have to dismantle the door card to install it.

This is how it looks like:
e90-carbon-sport-R_04.png

Installation instructions
E9x Door handle cover installation

You can get it from here: BMW door handle covers

Back